chapter eighteen

the two continued to walk their way to the bridge. dave watched as kurt's hand swayed.

dave didn't want to hide his feelings for kurt any longer. it drove him crazy and teared him apart when he hides them.

the drummer laced his hand in with kurt's. tangling their fingers together in a loving hold as they continued to walk together.

kurt felt his heart skip a beat as a smile started to rise up to his face. they made it to the bridge.

they walked underneath it and sat down next to the burnt words that were in small font.

dave looked at the words and huffed. he grabbed the lighter from his pocket and flicked it a few times and it came on.

kurt had his knees tucked up as he watched dave stand. the flame was lit as a large line of the flame went across the words. crossing them out.

"dont apologize. it's okay to feel what you're feeling. but I'm here. i'll help you feel better." dave says as he puts it lighter away. he slowly slides down the wall and pulled kurt close to him.

kurts back gently was placed against dave's. the drummers arms loosely wrapped around the lead singer as kurt was slightly laying down.

the atmosphere was becoming slowly less tensed. more starting the feeling of relaxation was starting to coarse through as the rain started up again.

it was a soft drizzle.

"its nice to hold you.." dave muttered as he laid his head on top of kurts. kurts lips slowly curled upwards into a smile as his blue eyes darted up and looked up at dave with a soft gaze.

"its nice to be held." kurt replied as a small giggle left his lips. dave felt his heart melt from the sudden adorableness that he witnessed from the blonde headed male.

they looked in each other's eyes. a strong emotion of love resting in there eyes as they continued to stare.

they couldn't pry the eye contact away.

"its nice to be here, with you." dave admitted. kurt sat up as he faced dave. "really?"

"of course. your company and presence truly makes my heart and self happy." dave replied.

his hand slowly went up and cupped kurt's cheek. kurt felt his cheeks warm up.

"you're so sweet.."

"sweet? i'm only speaking the words of truth. but, I guess you consider it sweet." dave joked as a low chuckle left his lips.

kurt rolled his eyes as he leaned into the touch.

"now what is it that you need to tell me?" he asked suddenly.

dave felt the sudden anxious feeling rise up to his spine. he bit his lip. "o-oh, it doesn't matter.." he tried. but kurt was persistent. "doesn't matter? everything matters to what you have to say. tell me."

dave knew he couldn't get out of it. he in fact didnt want to hide his emotions any longer. he was so deeply in love with kurt. he had to let the other know.

now.

"okay.. just don't be mad at me." dave says. his anxiety was started to crawl up his skin as he brushed his thumb against kurt's lightly stubbled face.

"why would i be mad?" kurt asked as he leaned into the touch. "just don't be, okay?" dave asked anxiously as he bit his lip.

"okay, i won't be."

"promise?"

"yeah, i promise."

dave held his other hand up. his pinkie finger up. kurt giggled as he linked their pinkies together for a moment.

dave moved his hand down.

"okay, i'll tell you." he says in a soft whisper.