🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲}🦋

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐨."
- 𝐎𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐲

"- 𝐎𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐲

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

She had never felt so conflicted before.

Katrina recognized the glare Damon sent her before he left the library. He loathed the idea of his sister being with Elijah. It seemed as though she was betraying her family to be with 'the enemy', but the raven-haired Salvatore wrongly perceived it all. She could never betray her brothers; she'd rather stake herself. And Elijah wasn't the enemy, Klaus was.

Recalling the events from the previous day made the oldest Salvatore's heart race. Elijah gave her his blood the moment he realized what was wrong with her. While she was thankful, she knew that her brother would be furious if he were to ever find out.

She remained silent, mindlessly paging through one of the ancient books from the library, Homer's The Odyssey to be precise. A particular quote intrigued her to no end, one that made her wonder about herself.

'Her gifts were mixed with good and evil both.'

Such words deeply concerned her for her future. She was no muse like the Muse who loved Demodocus, but she was like no other vampire or witch; she was both, a creature that was deemed dangerous enough to be considered an abomination. Katrina's gifts as a hybrid may be beneficial for defense purposes, but they may as well be detrimental to those she loved.

"Tonight is the full moon." Elijah's voice brought her attention to him. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan's brows raised. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

And by 'true hybrid', Katrina knew that Klaus would be a creature that was nearly indestructible. He'd have the power to kill anyone that stood in his way, and perhaps he'd find a reason to add her to his hit list.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asked as he joined them. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan sighed.

"No." The Gilbert girl immediately shook her head. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

The older brother rolled his eyes. "I'll write her a great eulogy."