🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧}🦋

"𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭."
- 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬

"- 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

She remembered the ear-splitting noise from the Gilbert device that neutralized both her and Damon merely hours ago. She had felt the needle pierce her skin as vervain entered her system. She was utterly powerless when she was taken to the clinic, and she hated it. She didn't want to experience being trapped in that hellhole again. The screams from the other vampires, the clinic engulfed in flames, the smoke that filled her lungs. The oldest Salvatore had feared that she would burn like the others.

Katrina's eyes opened the moment she heard the sound of her phone vibrating. Without lifting her head from the pillow, she reached over to grab her phone from the small table and checked on who had dared to call her at such a late time.

She groaned at the familiar name on the screen before reluctantly answering it. "What do you want?"

"Meet me at the hospital, asap," her brother replied before abruptly ending the call.

"Wha- Damon!"

It took a moment for her to realize that her younger brother's tone was, in fact, serious instead of the usual sarcasm. That was what motivated her to quickly get out of bed and use her enhanced speed to get herself ready.

"Brother..." She had a taut smile on her face as she entered the hospital. "Have you forgotten that I was almost burned to a pile of ash?"

He turned to face her with an eye roll. "You should be thanking me. Your blonde best friend isn't doing so good."

Her smile had immediately turned into a frown upon hearing the news of her friend. Caroline Forbes was the first person to greet her when she began attending Mystic Falls High School. At the time, she was unaware of Katrina's immortality. She managed to present herself as a human, that is until Damon returned to Mystic Falls and Stefan attended school. Even when she was revealed to be a vampire, Caroline had still chosen to support her.

Katrina followed her brother as they noticed Sheriff Forbes at the front desk. Elizabeth Forbes was Caroline's mother, a woman who Katrina appreciated for her service in the town and her dedication to being a wonderful mother.

"Liz, I came as soon as I got the message," Damon announced, grabbing the sheriff's attention.

"Is she okay, Liz?" Katrina asked her, eyes widened in concern.

"She's in surgery, it's..." Liz informed them. "They're doing everything they can. I need your help."

Damon nodded his head and said, "Sure, anything Liz."