🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭}🦋

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲."
- 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞, 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞

"- 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞, 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

Katrina would spend some of her time in the library, where she indulged herself in the thousands of books stored on the bookshelves. It was a safe haven, in which she escaped her world to be a part of another. Jane Eyre, however, wasn't much different from the oldest Salvatore's life.

Ever since she had her first episode as a child, Katrina felt alienated from her family. At the time, she didn't understand why she was so different, but deep down, she knew that she was special. Or, at least, that's what she was according to her mother.

Lillian Salvatore thought her to be a unique creature. She wanted Katrina to embrace her powers as it was a part of her. Lily was ecstatic to have a child with such abilities; she hadn't perceived her as an abomination.

Giuseppe, Katrina's father, didn't necessarily see her as an abomination but rather as an obstacle. He couldn't help the fact that his ancestral traits were passed down to her. No matter how much he wanted his daughter to be normal, he simply couldn't prevent it. So he gave her an elixir, and the more Katrina drank it, the more dormant her magic and her episodes were.

As much as her father wanted the daily dosages to work, it wasn't enough to fully suppress them. Despite all the comfort her mother and her brothers gave her, Katrina still felt that she was completely alone and that she didn't belong.

That was something the oldest Salvatore questioned frequently. She was surely happy to be with her brothers and friends, but they would never understand her pain. No one would understand the freedom she secretly desired, the one where she was rid of her vampirism, her magic, and especially her episodes.

There were times when Katrina wanted a normal human life, where she would grow old with the man she loved and have the ability to give birth to a child. However, she didn't have the advantage as Jane Eyre. It was merely wishful thinking, an affliction of being a creature of the supernatural.

Another affliction was her uncontrollable hunger for blood, which was an occurrence she didn't expect to happen at the current moment. She felt the veins pumping under her eyes and her fangs piercing her bottom lip, waiting to have a taste for human blood.

Katrina glanced up from her book as the scent grew stronger. Damon entered the library with a blood bag for Rose, who sat on one of the chairs in the room, seemingly sick from the werewolf bite she had received.

"Brother..." She groaned, closing her eyes and holding her breath to prevent inhaling the scent.

"Relax." She heard him sigh before he rushed behind her. When she opened her eyes, he stood in front of her and handed her a glass. "Bourbon," he said.