ǝuo-ʎʇɹoɟ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

Sat at the Wheeler's dining table, I fought for my life as I tried to hold back from falling asleep. Much harder than you'd think when you'd been up as late as I had been with Maxine.

"Morning guys." I jolted up, staring as I looked around. I'd definitely fallen asleep. Glancing around, I rubbed my eyes as I did so, trying to catch up with what was going on. Mrs Wheeler was cooking something; Mr Wheeler was reading his newspaper while Holly was doing whatever with her lightboard. Max, meanwhile, was... drawing.

"Oh..." I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked over at them.

"Everything okay?" Mrs Wheeler asks as both Nancy and Dustin stood there, breathing out what seemed to be a sigh of relief.

I furrowed my eyebrows over at Nancy as she stared at us both. "Yeah..." The girl says. "Yeah, everything's okay."

Max looks up at me, confused as I then gestured over at the two across the room. "I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." If only she knew two sapphic couples had gotten together in the last few hours in the same house in one go.

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." We all heard Ted mutter from his newspaper. Okay, Ted, you try fighting a monster from an alternate dimension.

As I looked back down at the drawings, I found myself looking through each of them in detail. Not to say I was now worrying even more because of some artwork, but the last time someone had done drawings with crayons around me, the shadow monster was involved. I was panicking. Again. Yippee.

"Where're these..." I look over at Max as Nancy sat down beside me, causing the red head to tare off the headphones completely, along with turning off Kate Bush. "Hey, Nance..." I murmur with a teasing smile.

The older girl kicked my shin before turning to the red head next to me. "Hey... you okay?" She asks on a more serious level.

Maxine nodded, looking back at the multiple pages of drawings in front of us. "Just couldn't sleep..." She then looked over at me. "Someone kept insisting on Kate Bush on replay for some reason..."

I hummed in response; eyebrows raised for a second. "What a mystery..." I murmured, looking in all directions before we actually took in what was in front of us.

"But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons..." Max continued on. "We've been having a fun morning, right, Holly?" Max asked, getting a hum of a response from the youngest girl at the table as she didn't really look away from her lightboard.

"This is... what you saw." I say, looking between each drawing. "Last night?"

Max shrugged. "I mean... it's supposed to be." She said innocently. It's giving; I'm not an artist but- "I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but... not so much."

"Hey, it's fine." I tell her, eyebrows furrowed.

"Is that..." Nancy took one of the papers into the middle of all of us and my eyes went wide. Two bodies, bones broken, eyes no longer in their skulls.

"It was like they were on display or something..." Max explained, making me grimace slightly. Remind me not to invite Vecna to decorate my home. "And then there was this red fog everywhere..." She said, pointing out that each drawing's background being a shade of red depending on how much of the crayon had been used up. "It was like a dream... a nightmare."