uǝʌǝlǝ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

I sat down beside Will's body laid across the couch, not knowing what to do or say. His body was so pale, I mean, he wasn't even like this when Hopper and Joyce had saved him. God. Why was I here? To cry? I had no tears in me. I was too tired to even cry. Too tired to think about doing that.

He's going to be fine. We always work it out. We always work it out in the end. "I'm sorry..." I murmur quietly to him, hoping dearly that he could hear me. Please tell me he could hear me. "I should've been there. I should've just gone with Mike and stayed here..." Shaking my head in pure disgrace of myself, I caught sight of Max with the group. "I think I like her..." I told Will, not knowing what else I could tell him. "You don't mind, do you?" I asked, looking over at his still body. "No... I didn't think you would..."

"I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LEFT ALIVE!" Hopper, meanwhile, was shouting on the phone to God knows who. "I AM THE POLICE!"

Time passed and I moved away as Johnathan moved to talk to Will, wating to have his moment. Walking into the kitchen, I joined the rest of the party and leaned on the wall silently. "'WE'LL SEE'?" Mike questioned, shouting towards Hopper by the phone. "We can't just sit here while those things are lose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help." None of the arguing from tonight was exactly helping. None of it. The man walked out of the kitchen, leaving us and our lovely babysitter. Mom had despaired the moment we'd entered the house, and I didn't really know why until Mike had mentioned it to me.

Bob had died in the lab. The Demogorgon got him. I already missed him, what the fuck? I missed Bob Newbie, superhero.

The whole group had never been so silent. Never. Bob's games were still on the side of the living area. What were we gonna do with them? We'd all have to be psychopathic to play them at any point. And none of us were going to have the will-power, other than Joyce, to sell them.

Mike walked towards one of them, picking up a cube before speaking to all of us. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV club?" He asked us and I crossed my arms, holding back any tears. I'm this close to going to bed and crying my eyes out, don't push it, Mike.

"Really?" Lucas asked Mike as he turned around to look at us.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything." He said, walking into the kitchen. "Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment."

"I hate this..." I murmured quietly, staring at the table, not knowing where else I could look.

"Mr Clarke learned everything from him." Mike added on, causing me to look away. Nope. Nope. I'm not in the mood. Not today. "Pretty awesome, right?" When I looked back into the living room, not daring to look or listen to the party, I saw him on the couch again. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was going right.

"Hey!" I heard a soft voice suddenly beside me. Max. The girl held out her arms for me and I fell into them, not knowing what else I could do. There were no tears, none of it. A pain in my stomach sat there lowly, sitting there and taking up space. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked me the question as I pulled away from her embrace. What could I even say?

⊹˚˖⁺

The two of us stood in my room awkwardly after she shut it. She went to flick the lights on but when she did, it turned it to not work. "Yeah... they haven't worked since my ninth birthday." I tell her, moving around and cramming stuff on the bed as my way of tidying up.