oʍʇ-ʎʇɹoɟ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

The next morning, the group of us had done another shopping spree out at the local 7/11. It was like we were the only income for the place, and we'd be the reason the manger is getting the food on their plate every night.

"Not to be a wimp but can I stay in the car for this visit?" Robin asks, mainly looking over at Nancy as she drove. Looking for permission-? no, let's not go there, Park. "'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Both me and Max watched from the two seats behind. It was hilarious to know we were the only others who knew about that situation.

"It'll be fine." Nancy tells the girl in the passenger seat. Did it seem like any of this was fine? ANY of it?

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin says after a moment. Oh. Ouch. Okay. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better!" Steve shouted from behind me and Max, referring to the pack of beers that we'd had to pick up.

"That's what my mom does..." Max murmured.

"Right... well that's gonna be a delight to see when I meet her again..." I mutter back, pursing my lips. Oh, so Susan drinks now? Like... drink drinks? Because my haunting of Lonnie Byers is not enough? I now have to hear that Susan is drinking away her problems?

Max gave me a raised eyebrow of a look, telling me that that idea in itself was probably a horrible idea. Yeah, she knew that if I met Susan it would probably end up badly...

"Why don't we give it a trail?" Robin asks, ignoring my words. "Hey, Eddie, uh... good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested." She says.

"We found Vecna." I continued, slightly mocking Robin, "He lives in a creepy attic where lights shatter and at the same time is in that even creepier dark dimension with monsters who's faces open up." I stopped myself when I saw the glare on both Robin and Max's face. "No?" I asked, looking between them both. "Okay, shutting up now..."

"Maybe we shouldn't put it like that..." I hear from Lucas. Thank you, Lucas, I couldn't tell by the way both my girl and older lesbian best friend were giving me a glare that could send me six feet under.

"We're one step close to finding Vecna." Nancy says, trying a better method. I wait for her to say more. "That's what we say. That's what's important."

"See, Robin? See, Park? Positive spin can make all the difference." I hear Steve say before eating a singular pringle.

"Are you referring to our boobies conversation?" I ask after a moment, eyebrows furrowed, confused.

"Technically- I still think I was right-" Steve says to me. Looks like my new challenge was to see how long it took Steve to catch onto me and Max, then.

"Wait, what boobies conversation?" Max asks, looking over at me. Oh shit. Haha.

"I'll tell you at another time." I say, eye wide. There was definitely no way that was getting repeated in the car...

"Oh shit..." Nancy mutters from the front. Oh no, does she know about the boobies conversation?

As the car drove down the path, all eyes looked at where Nancy was. Oh shit... There, in front of us, multiple police cars and ambulances were seen, along with another news van for channel 9. A crowd of people stood at the barriers, causing slight chaos. Only slight.