xıs-ʎʇɹoɟ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ꜱɪx: ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet." Nancy's voice stayed delicate as she recalled what she could. The Mayfield living room silent with the exception to herself. Everyone in the room listened, soaking in all of it. "The most awful things." She shook her head ever so slightly, still dazed as she thought about them all still. "I saw a dark cloud, spreading over Hawkins. Downtown, on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature... with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone- there was so many monsters."

A single tear fell down her cheek as she continued on. "An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods." Hairs stood up on my arms and the back of my neck as I thought about it. Oh God. "Our homes... and then, he showed me my mom... and Holly... Mike... and they- they were all-" The girl started to cry again in her seat, shaking her head as she looked down at her lap.

I fidgeted around, looking everywhere but at Nance from where I stood, trying to dial down the fact that we may not have a choice and have to lose this battle. If the future was already saying this, then what the actual fuck?

"Okay, but... he's trying to scare you, Nance-" Steve began. I took a look back at Nancy from Steve. Sir? Do you have eyes? That must've been realistic as fuck if it was made up. "Right? I mean... it's not- it's not real." Part of me was now wondering if Steve was trying to convince himself rather than all of us unsteady in the room.

"Not yet." The girl seemed traumatized. In every single moment I had had a conversation with Nancy, been in the same room as Nancy, apologised for Johnathan's antics to Nancy, she had never seemed so fragile as she was right now. "But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates... Spreading across Hawkins... And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing." Growing? Fuck that. Nope. Nah-ah. I'm good thanks.

"And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins." She clarified. "This was our Hawkins... Our home." FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK-

"Four chimes." I look at leaning up against the same pillar as me. All eyes were on her as she spoke. "Vecna's clock... it always chimes four times. Four exactly." Four gates... four chimes...

"I heard them too..." Nancy murmured over to the red head.

"Four chimes... four gates..." I mutter. "So... four deaths..." After my words tension and awkwardness in the room rises slightly.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max says.

"If what you've said is true..." Dustin says, hands on his hips, much like Steve usually does. "about the... deaths... he's only one kill away."

"Oh- Jesus Christ-" Eddie's head falls into his hands as he curses. "Jesus Christ-"

"Try 'em again." Steve says, trying to divert the attention away from the Munson boy who was slowly losing his mind. "Try 'em again." He points over to the phone, hoping that someone from my place in Cali would pick up. Mum would be working right now, the line will be busy, either way.

Although I went to protest, Max didn't give me a second to even try, walking back to the same beige coloured wire phone against the wall. She dialled in the numbers, then waiting as she put it up to her ear. Moments passed before she sighed, placing it back against the receiver.

"Anything?" Dustin asks as she moves back to us.

"No..." She muttered, annoyed. "It rang a few times then went to busy signal." Yeah, mum was definitely working.