oʍʇ-ʎʇuǝʍʇ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ

She clicked on the flashlight, glancing down the airducts as she made a loud hmmm for all of us to hear. Sat up on the counter, I tilted my head slightly as I watched her walk back down the steps and turned back to us, a little hair flip along with it as she did so.

"Yeah, I don't know." The girl began, stepping towards our table of blueprints.

"You don't know if you can fit?" Dustin clarified, hands in pockets while we awkwardly waited around.

"Oh, I can fit." She tells him. "I just don't know If I want to."

I sighed at her words. There was nothing quite as annoying as ten-year-olds sometimes. "Are you claustrophobic?" Robin asked the girl.

Erica snickered. "I don't have phobias."

"What's the problem, then?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this- for. Erica." She said the words firmly, and I found myself glaring at a ten-year-old, yet part of me wondered how on Earth I ended up there: in an ice cream parlour, with Steve, Robin, Dustin and Erica, plotting to sneak the youngest one of us through the air ventilation system. Rule number sixteen: whenever evil Russians are involved, maybe just stay at home next time...

The oldest boy sat across from Erica, sliding across a banana split, with extra large scoops of strawberry, vanilla and fudge on top. She grimaced as we all stared hopefully at her, sliding the boat right back over at him.

"More fudge, please." She said. I looked at the boat, and then back up at Erica. "Go on." She waved over at Steve. He looked so reluctant that I would've sworn that he'd prefer to be back in the junkyard in November.

"Alright..." Robin picked up the blueprints beside her and waved them up in the air for Erica to see. "You see this? This is the route you're gonna take." She pointed it out as if it wasn't in a red marker pen. "Then we just wait till the last delivery goes out tonight. Then you knock out the grate, jump down, open the door." As the older girl spoke, Erica looked down at her drink and took a large slurp of it.

"Then you find out what's in those boxes?" She asked, looking over at us with the most tired look in existence.

"Exactly." A less tired, but annoyed with children, Robin replied.

"Mm-hmm... And you say this guard is armed." Erica continued, looking over at me with an expression which spoke length.

"He won't be there." I insisted to her.

"And booby traps?" She asked on, making any smile on my face prior drop off.

"Booby traps?" I repeated. "Trust me, this isn't Indiana Jones."

"Lasers? Spikes in the wall?" She wasn't having it. "You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like to me?" We all waited for a reply as she looked around at the three of us. "Child. Endangerment." 

I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disbelief while Robin tried to fight our corner. "We'll be in radio contact with you the whole time-"

"AH-AH-AH!" She held her index finger in the air over at Robin to shut her up. "CHILD. ENDANGERMENT." She repeated herself and Robin gave up, sighing with an even more exhausted way.

"Erica? Hi, uh..." Dustin took his go while it lasted. "We think these Russians want to do harm to our country... Great harm. Don't you love your country?"