uǝǝʇɥɓıǝ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀꜱᴛ

Johnathan ran out of the house just as quick as we saw him. It was quite obvious Nance had stayed the night and had jumped out the window due to the fact she was far too respectful to actually have an awkward moment between her and Mom. Mom didn't care, though. As long as her kids were happy, Mom did not care.

Will shuddered opposite me at the table. "Gross..." He murmured.

"Well, I don't think you're gonna think it's gross when you fall in love." Joyce tells my brother, sitting back down at the table, while Will had a little fight with the maple syrup bottle cap. Mom gave him a look as she spoke it, scraping up scrambled egg onto her fork.

"I'm not gonna... fall in love." He muttered, and Mom accepted to not go into details.

"Okay..." Then, she looked beyond Will, seeing something on the floor. "Hey..." Our mother stood up, walking around to see a mess on the floor. "What happened here?" Drawings and magnets sat cluttered on the floor around the foot of the fridge. The two of us brushed it off, not knowing what else to do or say.

⊹˚˖⁺

Hiding was not everyone's strong suit. But the party could do it, especially in style. El followed through with the plan, and Dustin's return was certainly going well, with all of us electronic toys making their way to the living area.

Until they died, of course. Dustin assessed what he could, looking over at them as I held the poster in my hands, with all of them following behind me, nearing closer and closer to the boy in green and yellow. Max counted down silently for us all before we all blew the noisemakers, causing Dustin to scream, turning around. That's when it turned bad for me.

When he turned, he sprayed the can in his hands directly over at me- straight in my eyes. Steve never gave us the low-down on how much Farrah Fawcett spray stung the eyes, and that shit hurt. Like really hurt.

⊹˚˖⁺

"OW- OW- OH MY GOD-" As I shouted from Dustin's sink, I held my eyes under the tap, blinking as many times as I possibly could. "I swear I'm gonna kill that boy..." I muttered, looking back up at Max beside me. Rule number three: never gift Dustin another can of hairspray; it's not worth it.

"Better?" She asked, while I blinked more. No.

"Stings like shit." I tell her honestly, dipping down for more water over my eyes.

"Hey guys." I heard Lucas' voice as I held in any yells of pain from the sink. Silence sat between the three of us before he spoke up again. "Is that a new zit?" Oh, god...

"Hey, Parker?" I moved back up, blinking multiple times at Max's call of my name. "What is wrong with you?" She wasn't speaking to me though, and I was no longer the one getting my head dunked under the tap.

"I WAS JUST ASKING-" Rule number four: don't mention any zits. Or anything to do with puberty to Max. She will dunk your head in water.

Blinking, I watched Max hold Lucas' head under the tap before looking over at the group that were heading out the door. "What's going on?" Max asked, not even acting as if she was holding Lucas under the tap.

"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend." My brother replied, holding a bag close to his chests.

My eyes went wide. "GIRLFRIEND?"