𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧

If someone asked you to describe the word 'family', how would you do it?

Well, if you asked Clint Barton, he would tell you that for him, his family is Anastasia, his sister by anything but blood and Laurie, his amazing wife, and his three wonderful children, Cooper, Lila and Alexander.

If you asked Steve, he would tell you that the Avengers and Bucky are his found family. His brothers, friends, he found love in them and they helped him get used to the 21st century.

But if you asked Anastasia, she would tell you that family was a lie. Perhaps, it's because she never had someone that stayed, no one but Clint. She would tell you, he was the closest to a family she has, a brother, maybe. She would tell you that she once had a sister, a mother and a father, but it got complicated and she left, if you even get her to talk, that is. But after she got the job as an Avenger, she would tell you her family is this team. They may not be perfect, some not even morally good people, but they were there, constantly. They understood everyone on the team because almost all of them were bad people once as well.

For some, this was a little harsh but considering that Anastasia never really knew what family was, she didn't care and everyone was a little too scared to say something. And she liked it that way.

But if you asked her now? Aftet the movies they watched? She would say she had no idea what a family is. And frankly, no one really did. A family is comfort, a person or a group of people that made you feel welcome. Family is also a noun, she would tell you, and its definition is quiet hard to tell.

On one side, she now knows that the Russian spy family is still alive, her sister Yelena, her mother Melina and her... let's say, father-example Alexei. She once was sure that they were her family but then Cuba happened.

On the other side, there were the Avengers. Her found family, her home. She loved all of them, though she would never admit it.

And then, there was her biological family. She met her father who, apparently, didn't abandon her but fought for her. He was a nice man, did some wrongs but who was she to judge? He was funny, too and he cared. She wasn't used to someone caring for her, at least not someone like a father. 

Then there was her bio-mother, Lily. Anastasiat thought she was a bitch and refused speaking to or about her.

And her siblings, strange for her to say that, she had a younger brother and a younger sister, Harry James and Hope Euphemia. She didn't have a problem with them and noticed that Hope was very smart and Harry was... a picture of his father, basically. A bit judgemental too and very naïve at times, but that was okay, she guessed. He was still young anyway.

If someone told Anastasia years ago that she would be on her way to rescue Yelena Belova and Melina Voastakoff from the Red room, and break Alexei Shostakov out of prison, she would laugh you in your face and tell you to go to hell. but alias, priorities change, as it says, and she would have never believed you anyway .

She also didn't know what to say to the fact that after killing Dreykov, she would go visiting her birth family. The movies did indeed change everybody's life.

"who are we going to get first? Alexei or Melina?" Clint broke the silence in the jet and Anastasia sighed. "Neither. We are going to go to the widow that has the antidote and we are going to retrieve it. After that we can go to Alexei, get him out and go to Melina. She's going to copy the antidote and get me to the Red room. you'll follow them. we will make a more intense plan at Melina's." Anastasia said in a voice that Clint knew had no room for arguments.

"This is going to be intense, are you sure you're okay with it?" Wanda asked, worried for her mentor. but she didn' need to be, all of them knew it because anna had something to come back for. Someone to come back for.

"I'm going to be fine, I have waited long enough for the Red room to end, I'll do it now."

Meanwhile at the Avengers compound, Steve Rogers suited up to get to Bucky in no time and find Helmut Zemo and stop him from framing Bucky. Bucky was in enough pain for enough time, this had to end and Steve wanted to make sure that he was the one to end it.

All his life steve wanted nothing more than make sure his loved ones were okay, that they felt safe, and he felt like he had failed that. He could never defend a friend from a bully in his childhood because he was the one to get bullied. In the army, it just continued and when he got injected with the serum, the war took his best friend, his brother. He had to watch Bucky falling off the train and right into HYDRA's clutches, though he didn't know the last part. he was so close to reaching Bucky's hand that faithful day and he always had to live with that guilt. After that, Steve went from one fight to another and then into the ice for 70 years, only to wake up to go fight another one. To put it together, his life was miserable and simply not fair. He would feel a lot better to pay Bucky all the years of protection back.

"You know, I wish you good luck. FRIDAY will be at your help." Tony called out to Steve and Steve looked at him, surprise evident on his face. never before had tony wished him good luck when he went to a mission. "Thank you, Tony." The mentioned man just nodded and swallowed, "He- he is a good guy. after Wakanda, he's welcome to stay here. that is, if the triple imposter doesn't get her hands on him first."

Steve laughed at his words and nodded, "That was a surprise, huh?"

Tony sighed with a smile, "Yeah. But she deserves it, probably more than the rest of us."

Steve's face softened a bit. Him and his whole team have gone through so much. "Tony, you deserve love, too. You're a good person." The billionaire smiles at Steve's words, sometime, it felt like he needed to hear that. "Thank you, Capsicle. But so do you." Steve smiled and and thought back to the very pretty woman he met only a few days ago. But alas, he believed to never see her again, so it didn't really matter. And it's as if Tony knew what he was thinking about when he smirked and laughed, almost villain-like, that Steve realised that his little crush didn't get as unnoticed as he wanted it to be.

Steve cleared his throat, red cheeks presented on his face, "Well, I have to get going. Romania is a long flight away." Tony smirked wider at Steve's excuse to leave the teasing, "Of course, Steve. Make sure to get him a little plum. And don't forget to say 'hi' to the nice lady for me."

Steve left at his words, shaking his head and grumbling a small, 'Shut up, Tony' with a smile on his face.

And with that, the two jets were gone, two different missions started, and one was more difficult and dangerous than the other. Many assassins were to be freed, one from almost a century full of pain, and many, many other were to be freed from lifelong pain and agony, freed from trauma and saved by their very role model, the dangerous Black Widow.

Or were they?

-----------

*Feedback is welcome! <3

I am so excited to officially greet you to the first chapter of thos book! This time, I hope without any complications!

Every week, at least one chapter will be published! I try to write as much as I can but I have s lot of work in school this year as it is one of my graduation years! But I do hope that I can go as free from stress as possible. Please understand that school is and will be my priority. <3