Chapter 5

I understand she had gotten amnesia. Ma'am the calendar is perfectly fine, it's 2022 only - The nurse said. But.....how is that possible......- The patient said and before I can clarify her she held her head tightly and started whimpering.

I laid her back on the bed and gave her a injection for pain and sleep. I sighed and came out of her room and called hobi hyung. After 2-4 rings he picked up the call. Where are you Kookie? We are waiting for you in the parking basement - Hyung told.

I.... won't be coming home today hyung, I am having extra duty.... I'll tell you everything after coming back home tomorrow afternoon - I said and disconnected the call and went to rest for an hour because now after sometime I have to stay regularly beside her to observe her condition.

Next morning

I was moving in the corridor half asleep almost like a zombie, I never did two shifts together because I am almost a zombie if I don't sleep even one night. I'll go home once Jimin hyung joins the duty in the afternoon so that I can explain patient no. 69's condition to him so that he can properly monitor her.

We usually don't think alot about our patient because if we get emotionally attached to them then we can't cure them especially in my field where I have to do surgery but this patient has different place in my mind because I was the one to almost bring her in this state...... Though I am not that monster who raped her and tortured her which was about to take her life but she bumped into my car it means I am partially responsible for her state right now so I have to take care of her well.

And that too when her brain developed amnesia. She has to recover her memory so that she can complain against that monster! I kept on walk-in thinking these things when I heard someone calling my name. It was again a nurse. Sir, patient no. 69 is awake - She told. I just nodded and went to her ward.

I opened the door and entered to find a totally lost timid girl. She looked at me with both fear and hope in her eyes as if she wants to say something but couldn't find the right words.

I slowly went near her and checked her vitals first which were now almost normal and totally out of danger. What's your name?- I asked softly. Y/N.... KIM Y/N - She replied. Okay Y/N, that's a beautiful name.....do you remember anything about what you did last night or where were you?- I asked even though I know it was totally stupid.

Last night I was coming back from my college, I dropped one of my friend at her home and was returning back..... that's all I remember - She said softly.

You were in College right? So which year were you returning back last night? - I asked to confirm my doubt. It was 2018- She said. I took a deep breath and said - Look Y/N, you have amnesia and this is 2022. You have forgotten your last 4 years of your life. This can be cured slowly like in 1 month, 6 month or a year and sometimes never so you have to be prepared for everything.

She was lost all the time I was telling her about this. All she asked was a single question which was enough to make me lost in that question - How I ended up being here....?
________________________________

New part is out!
Soon gonna start this on Instagram as well!
Stay safe, stay hydrated!!
Borahae 💜