35

Today is our clan reunion at my father's side. We'll be spending it at the ancestral house here in Manila, our big ancestral mansion is really in Silay where our ancestors from my father's side really came from.

I bought few clothes as Mommy said that maybe we'll sleep there, cause I know my relatives would insist. Mommy's been keeping a straight face since earlier, it's like she's not bothered about it at all. Bakit kasi masyadong mabait itong si Mommy ko?

That Ria hasn't been around our house since my Manongs and I roamed around for a bond. I'm not even certain if she's coming to my father's side' clan reunion. I don't understand why she has to come, she's not even carrying the Araneta surname. Duh.

We are on our way to our ancestral house now, its kinda unusual cause Dad's sitting at the shotgun seat, he used to insist sitting beside my Mom. Maybe he's just giving my Mommy her deserved space. Kahit naman magpapansin si Mommy kay Daddy wala pa rin, she doesn't respond at all.

My brothers and I has been treating him casually, like if he would talk to us, we would answer. But we don't speak first unless he says so. There's still room for respect to him, because he's still our father. But I don't think there's still room for fear. I don't think so.

Mommy intertwined her hands onto mine as she was just gazing at the view outside the window. I reached for my phone on my hand bag and posted something on my twitter account.

Irenielle Marcos Araneta
@misscelestiana
Hope this turns out good, or else.

Mommy looked at me, I hid my phone and just gave her a small smile. She made me lean on her shoulder, and I did. She crouched for a bit so that I won't hurt my neck. The back of our seats are silent, so I guess Kuya Alfonso and Andy are asleep now. Kuya Luis and his family are on their way now too.

"You okay, darling?" tanong ni Daddy sa akin. I nodded curtly and closed my eyes.

Minutes later, naramdaman kong marahang niyugyog ni Mommy ang balikat ko para magising ako. Unti unti kong dinilat ang aking mga mata at tiningnan ang paligid na parang naalimpungatan pa. We already arrived.

"Andito na tayo, love. Baba na..." malambing na sabi ni Mommy. Tumango ako at bigla naman kaming pinagbuksan ng bodyguard.

Nauna akong bumaba at sumunod si Mommy. Kuya Alfonso and Andy followed, Andy held my hand as we went inside. I greeted the family members who were already there. I was all praised when they saw me, they were showering me with compliments.

"Darling!" masiglang bati ni Tita Pat, kapatid ni Daddy. She hugged me when she approached me.

"Hmm! Nice to see you again," hinigpitan niya pa ang yakap.

"Nice to see you again too, Tita. It's been a long time," I said when we pulled out from the embrace.

Binati din nila ang Mommy, si Kuya Alfonso at si Andy. Daddy was the last one they greeted. I greeted my cousins who already arrived. I am the only one in my cousins from my Dad's side who doesn't have a family.

I am very loved by them too, but I am not close to them like who I am with my Marcos side.

My aunts dragged me to sit on the front chairs and table along with my mother, Dad was just following. Kuya Alfy and his son were talking to some of our relatives which I'm not really that close to.

And I cannot bear looking at my Dad's relatives acting like their own blood (my Dad) didn't do anything wrong, at all! They weren't even mad or disappointed with the thing he fucking did. That's making me choke. And mad.

I heard Dad talking with them over the phone yesterday, and I guess they were persuading him of bringing that Ria to this reunion. I can't believe it.