36

To: Kuya Si
Kuyaaa, are you going to come to the Araneta fam reunion?

I waited for a couple of minutes for him to reply.

From: Kuya Si
Not eh, Ells. I'm with mom, we are attending an event

I typed my reply.

To: Kuya Si
aww :((( how about kuya sands and kuya vin?

From: Kuya Si
Sands is at Ilocos, working and vinny is at la union, having his vacay

To: Kuya Si
too bad, akala ko you guys would attend

From: Kuya Si
sorry :) aren't kuya alfy and kuya lu with you?

To: Kuya Si
they are naman, they're having a drink. but am not in the mood for drink

From: Kuya Si
gotta go, ells, the program's starting. enjoy there and ingat

I was about to type my reply when Mommy suddenly pat my legs multiple times. Gulat ko siyang nilingon.

"What, 'mmy?"

"Your Tita Pat was talking to you but you weren't giving any attention," she briefly smiled.

Nilingon ko si Tita Pat. I smiled and said, "What was it again, Tita?"

"You're too busy with your phone, anything wrong?" sabi ni Tita.

I shook my head. "Wala po. I just messaged Kuya Si, I asked if they would come but he said he's with Tita Liza." Tumango si Tita.

"I just asked if what's your plan with your upcoming birthday, malapit na iyon hindi ba?" aniya.

I nodded. "Yes po. But I don't have any plans yet. I was busy these days regarding my clinic and public works."

"You help your Tito... like in public works?" naguguluhang tanong noong isa kong tiyahin.

"Uhm... yeah. Sometimes lang if it's not too dangerous. I help with the relief packings and like asking for updates from his people if there's calamity," I answered.

"That's great! Might want to join politics some time soon?" sabi ng tiyuhin ko na kakarating lang.

I smiled and shook my head. "Been busy with my clinic, Tito. I would love to focus on my chosen field first. But if politics really is for me? I would love to,"

Lumingon yung Tito ko kay Mommy. "She's really got it from your family side! Our brave little girl. Would you want her to join, Irene?"

Ngumiti si Mommy at iniligay ang braso nya sa likod ng balikat ko, resting it at the ibabaw ng chair ko. "As long as she's happy and feeling fulfilled, I'm totally okay with it. But you'll focus on your career first, love right?" malambing na tumingin sa akin si Mommy.

"Yeah. Don't worry, Mommy." I smiled widely.

"She'd be the girl version of your Dad then, Irene." compliment ni Tita Pat.

"She would make a good leader, Irene. Fearless and brave," sabi noong isa kong tiyahin. Mommy chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess so too. Mahirap 'tong kalaban dahil hindi nagpapatalo itong Irenielle ko." humalakhak si Mommy.

"Got that from Tita Imee," I proudly smirked.

Mommy pouted as she looked at me. "Why? You don't think that it's from me?"

"You're shy, Mommy! I got my sensitivity and looks from you!" I said, pouting. She chuckled and kissed my temple.

"Don't you think you got something from your father too?" tanong noong atribida kong tiyahin.