19

We all have been busy these days. Mommy's being the 'punong abala' for Tito's inauguration. And most of us have been busy thinking of what we should wear for the proclamation.

I even told Mama Meldy that I'll just borrow hers or Mommy's terno or maybe just use my old terno and that is what I am going to wear in the inauguration. But she automatically said no. She didn't want me to borrow, she wants me to have my own.

She said that it would be lovely if I have my own, cause I would be able to keep it forever. And besides, it will be a very historic and memorable day for all of us. So now, here I am, alone in my room, busy sketching my terno for the inauguration.

The girls in our family have already found their designers, and also the men, well they'll only wear barong anyway. Mommy asked me yesterday night if would I like someone to design my gown for me and my outfit for the inaugural ball or would I like if I would sketch and design it myself.

I told her that I will design it, like Tita Imee is doing. Mommy, Tito, Tita Liza, and the Marcos brothers and I, will have the same designer. It's a friend of Mommy whom she trust very well when it comes to her ternos. Dad and my brothers has their own barong designer.

I researched for terno ideas, online, for me to have an inspiration for what I am going to sketch. It would be a mermaid type of gown, it would be kinda wide on the lower part. I sketched the famous butterfly sleeves and began to design some parts of it.

The color of it would be a purplish and maybe, I am just going to discuss the specific details that I would love to have for my gown to the one who'll make it.

The next thing, I sketched is my outfit for the inaugural ball. I honestly thought of not really making it heavy for me to wear, cause I know there will be some party in there.

I began drawing it. It has a butterfly sleeves, a mermaid type of dress but it will only reach below the knee. I like it to have a triangle type of skirt at the back, to make it even look fancier. I drew some lines at the front and I have decided to have it by wine red color.

Designing and sketching have been so interesting for me. Sometimes, I used to design Mommy's terno for whatever party she would attend. I was always been good at drawing and designing, Tito Bong even wondered why I didn't took up designing major. Well, psychology is my first love.

I placed my sketching pad on my bedside table and stood up from sitting down on my bed and went downstairs to get some water and biscuit. I am kind of hungry, but I'll just wait for Mom and Dad to come home for us to eat dinner together.

While, I was pouring water on my glass, I saw Dad passing by. He just got home from work.

"Daddy," I called, feeling excited. He turned his head to look at me and smiled.

I walked towards him and did a 'mano' and kissed his cheek. He hugged me.

"How are you, darling?" He asked me.

I smiled, "Fine, Dad. I just finished sketching my gown for the inauguration." I handed him the water I was holding. He drank all of it and nodded at me.

"How about you, Daddy? How was your day at work?" I asked.

He shrugged and said, "Kinda stressful, but managed to handle it. But I saw my baby girl na, Dad's stress went away..." He said and let out a soft chuckle.

I pouted and chuckled. He asked, "Where's Mommy?"

"She's still out, but she texted me earlier that she's about to come home na. Don't worry, Dad, you'll see Mom later..." I said, teasing.

He pinched my nose and I scrunched it a bit. He laughed at me. "Mom's been busy, huh? But it's fine, its for your Tito anyway..."

I nodded, "By the way, what do you want to have for dinner? I'll cook for you and Mommy," I smiled sweetly.