01

I immediately laid on my bed after the sudden predicament downstairs. Naiiyak na ako sa pangyayari kanina. I feel like I was stubborn just earlier but I also feel like I got the chance to say what I feel.

I'm not really the type of person who easily get upset, but now I seem bothered by the thought of maybe my family isn't proud of me.

That's one of my fear. I always want them to be proud of me, not disappointed nor baffled. I'm pleasing them all my life. But it was my choice. They never let me feel that I should be the top of everything. They just always remind me to enjoy my life and if I do something, I should make the best out of it.

What if they're now baffled because of what I acted earlier? That thought made my eyes pool with tears.

They've always made me understand why they hid me. And I saw it all these years, like how people would treat them when they're going in public.

I curled up in my bed while hugging my pillow, the tears are rolling down on my cheeks. I heard someone opening the door, I wiped my tears right away.

Mommy is walking towards me, bringing a glass of water. I sat down properly on my bed and leaned on the headboard. She sat beside me and gave me the water.

I drank it and put the empty glass above the table beside my bed. I kept my head down.

"Are you upset?" Mom asked gently.

I looked up to her and slowly shook my head.
I heard her sigh, and joined me in the bed. We are both now leaning and Mommy held my hand. She faced me.

"You can always tell mommy about what you feel, anak."

I swallowed and heaved a deep sigh.

"I-I just want to be shown in public with you guys, Mommy. And kinda feel guilty about what happened e-earlier, because of how I acted. I should've understood it right away," I said.

I saw my mom smile bitterly.

"I'm sorry. Mommy's at fault. I kept you hidden all these years, because I want to protect you. You understand that right?" She said caressing my hand. I nodded.

"And I understand where you are coming from. But please, anak, don't ever think that we are ashamed of you. Please always remember that we are proud of you and we love you so much, baby." Mom said as she slowly wrapped me in her arms.

I snuggled my face on the crook of her head and hugged her tightly.

"I love you guys, too, mommy." ani ko.

I let my self feel her warmth. Even I get older, I'll never get tired of hugging my mom. The safety and the warmth I feel whenever I hug her is irreplaceable. My mom is my safe haven.

I feel her sweet glance at me.

"Do you really want to join your tito Bong's campaign?" she asked sweetly.

I looked at her.

"Yes, I really want to." I directly muttered.

I saw her pout and sigh. Maybe they still don't want to introduce me to the public? I got unhappy with that thought.

She cleared her throat and spoke. "Well, I might be attending some of the affairs of your tito Bong too. To show support to him. And if you really want to join, I can convince him."

My face brightened. Omg! Really! I hope he'll agree!

"Really, mommy?!" I exclaimed, getting out of her embrace.

She chuckled and nodded. I hugged her again and kissed her on the cheeks.

"Thank you, mommy. I love you!" I smiled sweetly.

"You're welcome, baby. I love you too!" She kissed my temple.

We hugged for a while. I am so happy! I'd be known as a part of the Marcos family now! I hope tito Bong will agree! And of course my dad.

"But would daddy agree, mommy?" I asked.

"Don't worry. I talked to daddy about this, and he's okay about it." I nodded and smiled.

Yes! Thanks G! Now, all I have to do is convince tito Bong!

The door sprung open and it showed kuya Luis.

"You're making lambing to mom, Ellie, huh? You didn't even invite me!" he pouted.

My ever sweet kuya. He joined us on the bed, making mom settle at the middle. We cuddled up.

"Kayo ha, ang laki laki nyo na! Ang lambing nyo pa rin sa akin!" Mom said jokingly.

"Why? Don't you want us to be like this, mom?" Kuya teased. "Well if you don't, then sorry. You have to live the rest your life experiencing this,"

My mom chuckled, so am I.

"It's fine naman. I guess it is normal if my Ellie is like this, but you and Alfonso. Tsk. Tsk. You have your own family na ah!" Mommy teased him.

"Wow! Favoritism talaga, pag si Ellie ang tinatawag palaging may 'My' na dugtong. Pero pag kami ni Alfonso, pangalan lang namin." Kuya made a face, that made me and mommy laugh.

Kuya Alfonso entered the room.

"Why did I hear my name?" He asked confusedly.

He joined us in the bed, settling beside me. Now mom and me is squished in the middle.

"Mom said na it's normal lang daw if Ellie is cuddling with her. And if it's us daw hindi na daw cause we have our own family na. Tapos sabi niya "My Ellie" tapos sa atin, pangalan lang." Kuya sounded upset.

Me and mom just laughed. Ang mga kuya ko talaga!

"Wow sakit non ha! May favoritism!" Kuya Alfy added.

"You guys are so OA ha!" sabi ko.

They made a face because of what I said. I lived my whole life with this dorks, and I'm not complaining! Even though they have their own family already, they never let me feel that I'm alone now.

My kuya's hugged me and mommy tightly. I am so lucky having them in my life.

"It's been a while since we cuddled like huh?" Kuya Alfy muttered.

"Oo nga. The last time was.. I guess when Ellie was twelve or thirteen?" Kuya Luis added.

"Yes, and now our Ellie is grown up now." Mom pouted and caressed my face.

I smiled. "Yeah, I can even get married na."

I said that cause I know they'll be furious with that idea. I've always known that my kuya's, cousins, uncle, and even my dad, is very protective of me. I am the only granddaughter, daughter, niece and girl cousin.

"Who said you're gonna get married?" I heard my dad's voice.

I was shock with his sudden presence in my room. And the family members are there too, except Mama Meldy! My brothers stood up and stood beside my dad. I laughed. My dad, tito Bong, my brothers and my cousins are standing while crossing their arms at the front of their chest.

Tita Imee and tita Aimee and tita Liza sat down at my bed also ate Xandra and ate Cara with Mia. My mom laughed because of how they look at me, they're like a bodyguards.

"You're over reacting! Do you want me to grow old without getting marrie–"

Tito Bong cut me off. "Yes. You are going to be
old, unmarried."

I laughed hilariously. They are insane.

"Come on guys! I'm a grown up now—"

"We'll be the only men in your life." They said in unison that made all of us laugh. It looks like they practiced.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head while laughing. "Mia," my niece turned her head to look at me.

I grabbed her to sit on my lap, my family watched my every move.

"This is how you're gonna spend your whole life, baby."

They laughed. I guess this is their way of making up to me. Cause I remember every time I get upset, all of them would always find a way to make suyo.

What else could I ask for?