Chapter Seventy-Three

"Lady Pucey is very beautiful, isn't she?" Carina mused as she noticed Theodore's gaze on the young woman who has enchanted and caught many distasteful gazes from the people in the hall. After the introduction to Adrian's wife, Theodore learned two things about Edwina Sharma: one, she traveled to England from Bombay in search of a noble husband; and two, she happens to be the sister-in-law of Anthony Bridgerton, meaning she was also the sister-in-law of Benedict Bridgerton. He wasn't sure how to react to it when he learned and only turned to Carina with a look asking if she knew. She did.

Their conversation was cut short as Edwina was whisked away by Maisie Goldstein and Diana – one of the few friends she managed to create in the Magical socialite – to meet with Astoria, another woman who befriended her, and so happens share similar personalities with. When Astoria and Edwina saw each other, the two looked like old friends, even when they only met a few years ago, in Adrian's wedding. According to Carina, something clicked with Astoria and Edwina that they became fast friends.

"I'm simply admiring her, nothing to be jealous about," Theodore said.

Carina grinned. "Don't worry, I'm not jealous. When I first saw Miss Sharma, I was enchanted by her, one of the reasons I was not able to say no to Adrian."

He turned to her with an incredulous look, "You're telling me that you helped Adrian because you fancied Edwina Sharma?"

She smirked. "Is that a problem, Nott?"

"Fifteen years we've known each other, and yet you still manage to surprise me. Impressive, Black." He clinked his glass with hers. "And don't worry, as beautiful Adrian's young bride is, there is only one woman that would enchant me and make me fall in love with her over and over again," he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her to his body, it made her giggle, and then kissed the spot behind her ear.

Their actions caught the attention of many people and were glaring at their scandalous acts. Such acts of intimacy were not accepted in the public eye, but they did not care, especially Theodore who wants to show to every person in this room that she was his and he was hers. So, all those suitors who sent flowers, chocolates, locks of hair, and even jewelry could bugger off. He would gladly show off the marks she left on his body to see how much of a good lover he was, and none of them could ever make her craving for more as does to her.

Taking him by the cheek, Carina had Theodore turn to her so she could kiss him. "There," she whispered. "That's more than enough scandalous displays of affection, we don't want my grandmother to bloody kick us out or place a spell to separate us until the soiree is over."

"I suggest we leave now, go to your old room and continue what we started earlier." He smirked. "What do you say, Black?"

"Later, when we get home. Theo is staying the night and I gave the staff the night off... we'll have the entire Keep to ourselves." She purred in his ear. Kissing him once more, she left his side and went to speak with Harry and Ginny, and Hermione and Ron.

He was not alone for long, though. As soon as Carina was gone, Theodore was in the company of the last person he expected to be invited in the soiree.

"Dumbledore."

"Mr. Nott, I see you and the Duchess are happily living your lives."

He sighed. "What is it? How is our common friend?"

"Oh, he is doing well. I visited him last month. He has been wondering about you, so I gave him the clipping that had your story. He wonders when you will visit."

"I can't promise him that I'll be there anytime soon. There is still something I need to do."

Dumbledore nodded in understanding and was about to leave when Theodore called for him said to him, "I have something for him. Maybe, on your next visit, you could give it to him."