Chapter Eighteen

It was no secret to Cedric on how Morgan spent his free time, he spends it and who he spends it with. It came to shock for him when he first learned of Morgan's deep secret after finding him and Roman Alston in an intimate time, while society would have punished them for their kind of relationship he did not. Since then, Cedric's relationship with his brother became close – closer than it was before. He learned to simply not ask his brother's endeavors and only wish him luck and care whenever he was to leave to the place he has mentioned before.

Knocking on the door of the address that Cedric has memorized, he waited for a full minute before the door was opened by artist himself.

With a formal introduction, Cedric asked, "I need Roman Alston and Morgan Diggory. It's an important matter."

Granville's brows raised. "You're Morgan's brother, I suppose."

"I am. I do not mean to be rude, sir, but it is urgent... a family emergency," Cedric pressed on. "And I need to tell them myself."

Observing him for a while, Granville then took a step aside and lets Cedric into the foyer. Wine and whatever they were smoking in those long-necked vials filled his nostrils, music and multiple conversations were heard, and the sight of people wearing not the most conventional fashion – others wearing nothing at all – had him almost stumbling, forgetting his Auror training.

This was Morgan's world. He never realized that it would be so... erotic.

Following Granville through the halls, passing many men and women stained with paint, charcoal, ink, or clay, Cedric kept his hand to his side pocket where his wand was. There were a few witches and wizards there, blending in the crowd. Others who recognized him flinched in confusion and curiosity, while others had a sense of panic to find an Auror in the place. Even in the magical world such sexual desires are not permitted.

"You seem to know some people here," said Granville. It was the first time he spoke after the front door.

"Some I went to school with." He answered plainly. "I won't say anything about what I saw."

Granville glanced at him momentarily. "Good, because I doubt Morgan would appreciate if his sanctuary was ransacked."

"I love my brother, Mr. Granville, and I would never do such a thing after seeing him struggle for years trying to accept who he is."

Granville had a tight-lip smile.

They entered the room. Two women modeled at the center, both nude, and before them were three men sketching their pose. One was tall even when sitting, with dark hair and a frock that spoke wealth, beside him was the ever-familiar red curls, and then next to Roman was Morgan sketching lazily while brushing his knee against Roman's thigh. The closest thing to intimacy that they could do while in public.

Morgan was the first to notice him and stood from his seat, saying his name with worry. It wasn't everyday that he would come to his brother's sanctuary and break the peace.

"Cedric," Roman finally acknowledged him, brows furrowed. Confused. The man beside him turned to his direction, equally confused as them.

"Theodore needs us – all of us – at the Blacks," Cedric said.

Roman hid his pencils and grabbed his satchel to hide his things as he asked, "They're at the ball as I remember."

"Something's a foot. It is for Lady Black's safety."

"Lady?" The young man beside Roman questioned. "Miss Black is a Lady?" It was there that Cedric knew his mistake. How could he forget that they were in the presence of Muggles?