Chapter Sixty-One

Regulus did not leave Carina's side the entire night, he let her sleep in his bed while he took the lounge, now he had an aching stiffness at the neck brought by how uncomfortable it was. But he did not complain. When she woke, Roman dropped off some of her clothes and left as soon as he did to attend the meetings in her stead, she insisted on going to them herself but Roman did not let her as she was still shaken from last night's events.

Her stay in Grimmuald Place continued for days but during some time she would go to Clach Dhubh to see to the work but not stay too long in the Manor, and if she was there, she was not left alone by her companions. Roman was at her side in every second of the day unless he was needed to see to other works in the cities, in his stead was Colin Creevey who has proven himself as hardworking as he claimed himself to be and has been doing more than he work he was being paid for, willingly. Carina would hear from Roman how Colin would stay late in the library, learning about Danu, his lessons with one of the tamers to get him started have been effective as well.

Sirius has been writing to her, not trusting the connections of the floo, the last thing they need was the world to know that Carina was scared out of the Manor. The very entity that gave her claim to her seat, aside from Theodore's abdication. If word got out about this, there was a possibility that all the progress she made in Danu would disappear in a second, that was why they have been careful. In his letters, Sirius would tell her about the Manor, about Clach Dhubh, Danu, and the Den. With the approaching full moon, Tamers were preparing the sanctuary. Along with Sirius' letters that were sent, they brought along Viktor's that came from Hogwarts.

The boy knew nothing about what happened, and they kept it so. Carina would write to him, still but with only chosen truths of the day, such as the walks she would take in the garden – not specifying which – in the city, her visit in London, and the new member of the house, Colin Creevey who was now her secretary.

On the sixth day of her stay in Grimmauld Place, Carina was visited by Roman, Colin, Hermione, and Minty. And with them was the parcel she left unopen in her bedroom.

She was in the garden with Malia, Lily Potter, and Charity Goldstein when Roman and the others arrived. Seeing that it was an official business, the three women excused themselves, leaving the seats they occupied earlier for them, Regulus included.

Roman placed the parcel a golden-brown box on the table decorated with Greek designs. "I thought you might want to see what's inside."

Carina got up from her seat to see the contents inside. Lifting the lid, the first she saw was the vase that was meant for Regulus, to remedy Theodore's actions that caused all the trouble, it was a beautiful vase and according to the letter priceless as it dates to the ancient times. Regulus made sure to have one of the footmen to hide it in the study where it would be safe. Then, there was the small case used to hold jewelry, and she was right as it contained a beautiful amethyst necklace. The stones were purposely cut roughly that made a unique beauty. Then there was the rest of the package's content – toys, lots of toys: Pegasus, birds, a little wooden sword, a little shield, a helmet, a toy wand, and a book of tales of myths and heroes for her to read to the child, and to practice her Greek apparently.

"Theodore mentioned he dreamed of us visiting Aeaea," Carina whispered. "Seeing the palace, the beaches, the ponds, even watch the Olympics."

Roman dragged out a breath. "That is what we came here to talk about."

"About me visiting Aeaea?" Carina asked, hopeful in the idea.

"No. About Theodore. Carina, we understand what you're feeling, the pain of not having him here... and I know that the pain won't go away, nor will it ever get any better but I think there is a way to do so."