Chapter Thirty-Three

Regulus ran from the manor upon seeing the dragon in the horizon. He has been waiting anxiously for their return since they took off hours ago, he tried to go after them but Lily spoke reason and convinced him that it was best to stay put and wait. There were two people that rode the smaller dragon with dark scales, and the sight of the red pelisse had him sigh in relief, but the dragon did not descend on the Manor's property, it went further and up the hills and disappeared there.

It was Harry who told Regulus where the dragon could be and escorted him there via floo. The fireplace Regulus emerged from was large, twice as large as any one or even bigger, it was located in some kind of grand hall where long tables were lined side by side and at the front was a shorter and grander table elevated from the rest, and behind it were three banners – a dragon, a falcon, and a phoenix. There were people in the hall, all wearing coats and boots over their night shifts, and assisted with the new comers.

The first to arrive were those who rode on the Thestrals, it was a few of them but according to a witch the rest went to Thistle Hall to escort the captured werewolves. Many were covered in dirt, some stained with blood, and a handful being brought in by a stretcher carried by their own. All bearing the marks of a werewolf's claws scratching them deep across the chest, their arms, and even their faces. One claimed that he got bitten but the werewolf was in their human form, so it was most likely just a few side-effects, but to be sure, he had them remember to lock him up in the shed to be sure if he was infected by lycanthropy.

Looking at them now, people who answered the call of their duke to save someone that was not their own, Regulus wanted to punch Sirius across the face for causing such chaos. He made sure to repay Nott for the aid of saving his brother, and extend his help to the Tamers who were injured in the battle.

Quick on their feet, Charity and Lily went to help with the wounded. The two Healer witches took an apron, cleaned their hands, and went to work. Harry moved past him to help with carrying another injured, the tamer-witch had a large scar across her face, four brutal lines that came from her temple and down to her cheek.

Then from the doors, Carina entered with Theodore helping her in each step, and she winced every time she breathed so she kept her breaths short and shallow. He was close to where his daughter was being handed to a Healer when he heard Theodore tell the witch about what happened: "Broken ribs. Left side. Greyback bit her, the fur kept her safe but see to it."

The Healer took Carina to one of the tables, helped her out of the pelisse and had her lay down on the table, like the rest. Regulus came to his daughter's side and took her hand.

"Carina, you're all right," he said, mostly to himself as he looked at her.

She once glanced at her way before taking the potion given by the Healer to help mend the bones. Regulus would have wanted to stay at her side but the Healer had him leave, saying that she needed the space to get to work. He reluctantly released her hand, stepped back, and went to help who were in need but there were none. It was only the injured that were brought to the Hall, and there were just a handful of them, the rest went to Thistle Hall.

Exiting the Den, Regulus found Theodore speaking with a tall, dark-blonde man. If he remembered correctly this was the man who transformed to the smaller dragon earlier, the blue eyes were identifiable in both his dragon form and human form.

"They won't let me in Thistle Hall," said Ivar.

Theodore took off his brooch and handed it to the man. "Say it's an order from me. That you have business there, get whatever you can from Greyback."

Ivar took the brooch. "Will do, Your Grace."

Theodore patted the man on the shoulder. "Thank you." Nodding, the man left via apparition. In his absence, the duke finally noticed Regulus. "Black."