Memoirs of a Goddess

Kureha continued to lay in the bed that had been provided to her by Lady Kofuku. Yet even though she knew she was safe within the walla of the shrine,she knew somehow Nora would reach her. And overall torture her for disobeying her along with this "Father" that Nora frequently spoke of. She released a heavy sigh, all the while continuing to stare upward towards the ceiling.

Annoyed at the silence which seemed to echoe throughout the shrine, she carefully rose from her futon. Deciding not to stay around to put her dear friends in danger,Kureha quietly left the shrine. Leaving even Tsuya behind hoping tonalao keep her loyal friend out of harms way. The moon hung high in the nightnsky above as Kureha made her way through the still bustling town. The many city lights making the city look as if it were billions and billions of tiny stars.

As she walked through the city, unnoticed by the people around her. Although it was no surprise that the people were unable to see her. After all she was no longer human,she was merely a walking corpse. A shell of her former self,a nobody. A remnant. No more of a simple memory of a distant past. The memory of a single woman who even in death refused to let go of a selfish human emotion. Love. She refused to let go of it,and most of all she refused to left go of him. Yaboku. Kureha smiled warmly at the distant memories which would forever remain within her.

The moment she had met Yaboku was under a lovely cherry blossom tree,at the time she was being courted by a selfish nobleman whom she refused. It was then that a price had been placed on her head,all because she refused to marry such a man for petty reasons. When she made eye contact with Yaboku that day she saw the pain that was hidden within the rage and loneliness. He was just like her,wanting a place to call her own. But had no idea how to start or who would accept them. It was fate.

Although fate was quite cruel to them,but not as cruel as it was to Kureha the day she was born. In truth Kureha was nebvee meant to live such a long life, she was brought into this world sickly. Unable to live a normal life as a child would back in the Fuedal Era. She was normally kept inside her families home,without any hope of a normal life. Kureha had come to a agreement about her illness,knowing good and well she would not live past the age of 18. She was already aware of her horrible fate.

But then he came along Yaboku, who turned her world upside down. He made her want to live,and strive to be with him. Because in truth she needed him just as much as he needed her. She wanted to forever remain at his side,even if he was a god. She wanted to be with him. After all he did stop granting the wishes of the deprived souls of man. All to make her happy,although there was one secret Kureha was keeping from her dear Yaboku. Her illness was killing her,the constant coughing of blood was enough to make her collapse. But she kept a strong front,reassuring her dear Yaboku she was alright. But she was not. And she was already knocking on deaths door before she even met Yaboku.

And her death was already preordained, but she wanted to end it her way. Protecting the person she loved,even if he truly didn't need protecting. And she did, she sacrificed herself for Yaboku. And she didn't regret it,what she did regret was being unable to live a full life with Yaboku. And when she passed on she felt that maybe one day she would she and Yaboku would finally be together. But this body. The body that use to hold her soul,this diseased body. It wasn't what she was hoping for when she was reincarnated.

Yet here she was, walking around in a body that truly was not meant to be hers again. It felt wrong,the familiarity. Everything,it just didn't feel right to her at all. Maybe she wasn't meant to be here at all. Maybe she was meant to die and remain deceased once and for all. Kureha sighed lightly,ahw knew she couldn't afford to think that way. Not if she wanted to free herself from Nora and this time becoming very successful. She wanted to be with Yaboku. No deep within her very soul she needed to be with Yaboku. If she wanted to truly be complete.

To be whole,a true being of reincarnation. A true Celestial Being,then she needed him. And most of all she needed his love.