finney x reader - jealous

A/n: i was listening to drama club by melanie martinez and i randomly got the idea to do this lol

Third person pov:

There was a drama club at y/n's school and they were hosting a new play, romeo and juliet. (super cliché i know i can't think of anything else lol.) y/n wanted to audition for the leading role, juliet.

On the day of the audition...

Auditions were from 4pm - 6pm since there was a lot of people auditioning, mostly girls since bruce yamada announced that he was gonna audition for romeo, and since a lot of girls were head over heels for him they all wanted to do a duo with the "love of their life" so obviously y/n had a lot of competition.

Y/n told her close friends finney, gwen, and robin that she was gonna try out and they all wanted to see her acting skills so they all came with her to the audition.

After about 10 people y/n got called up to the stage she introduced herself to the teachers and began reading her script. she felt everyone's eyes on her which made her a little nervous, but she did the best she could and surprisingly she did very well.

She walked off stage and all of her friends complimented on how angelic her voice was while she was reading the script. y/n thanked all of them until she heard a certain voice behind her "you did a good job out L/n" bruce yamada said with that iconic smile he has. "thank you bruce!" bruce then glanced over to finney "oh hey finney, you know y/n?" "yeah, we're best friends" finney said with a mean look. y/n was too oblivious to acknowledge it after that bruce walked away and said goodbye to everyone.

*1 week later*

Y/n pov:

todays the day the roles for the play are announced!  i quickly rushed out of my 4th period to see the sign in front of the cafeteria door.

there was already a crowd of girls over there so i pushed them away, i heard some girls sighing in frustration and cursing under their breathe i finally got my eyes on the paper and it read:

i was shocked to see that i got the part. i felt my friends behind me "good job y/n! i knew you could do it." finney said, i hugged and thanked him. he hugged back tightly, i got out of his embrace to see a red finney and a smirking gwen and robin. "hey y/n! i'm glad you're my partner in the play i don't think i would be happy with anyone else" bruce came out of nowhere i laughed awkwardly and i felt like someone was staring so i turned my head to see a glaring finney, but he just played it off and started talking to robin about whatever.

Finney's pov:

y/n hugged me, i felt like i was in space, i was so lost in her arms until she let go i was disappointed and i wanted to stay like that but we're not dating, just friends..we were talking until bruce started talking to y/n. bruce was always better at me in baseball i don't even know why he auditioned for the drama club if he still has baseball practice? what an idiot...crap. i hadn't realized i was giving bruce a death stare but y/n saw and i pretended like i was talking to robin he looked confused but i think got the hint.