CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

[ DISCLAIMER : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A FEW SHOCKING SCENES AND UNCOMFORTABLE EVENTS USED TO EXPRESS THE PROTAGONIST'S HARDSHIPS THAT MAY BE UNCOMFORTABLE TO THE READER. READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED. ]

I wasn't aware of how many days has it been since I've been abducted by my twin sister. I have no fond memory of her since I'm still not able to access this body's memories. After her first visit with me, they have decided to move me to another room. Another room that I thought would be inside this place. Two guys wearing masks were the ones who dragged me out of my room.

The man wearing a rabbit mask tied both my hands and feet and placed a sack to cover my head. And I'm not sure who carried me outside. I assumed that they would only transfer me to another plain room, but I think I was wrong. The transfer process was too nauseatic that I almost puked on the sack.

I might have fainted that time since I woke up lying on a small, wooden bed. My dress has changed into a white, long dress that resembles a patient's gown. My hands and feet aren't tied together anymore, but they chained my neck. The room looked cleaner than the first one I had and there was also a window. It was funny that I attempted using my magic, only to be shocked by the chain on my neck.

Should I ask for a pen and notebook? Maybe I should write my memoir since this might become the end of me.

"Were you bored? I brought tea." I glanced at the door and frowned at the person coming inside. It was the first princess, Henrietta. She was sitting on a wooden chair that has wheels on each side. It resembles a wheelchair on the other world. Was she always like this? I mean, can't she use her legs to walk? That's really suspicious.

Behind her was a female servant carrying a tray with tea and a few sweets. Now that I noticed it, the masked men from before placed a small table and a chair near the window. Maybe it's for my twin sister's entertainment.

But I'm not hungry, so I will not do anything in front of her. And I keep having this heavy feeling whenever she's around me. It's like my own mana's trying to suffocate me.

"Come here. Don't worry, I won't poison you. I still need you."

I was still reluctant, but I still got out of my bed and went closer to her. The chain around my neck was long enough to reach any part of the room, but it was also magical that I really won't be able to remove it without me dying from shock.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. I sound impolite, but I find it awkward to call her Henrietta. It doesn't feel like the name belongs to her, or that's what my soul feels.

She gestured for me to sit down, which I did. My gaze focused on her while she seats there comfortably on her wheelchair, sipping on her tea.

"Don't you miss me?" She asked, an annoying smile gracing her lips.

I don't even remember you, is what I wanted to say. But I held myself together. "Just tell me what you want."

She paused for a second, the fondness on her gaze slowly disappearing as she stared back at me. She slowly placed her cup back on the saucer. "My essence is inside you. I want it back. Whatever it takes, I'll take it back." Just now... she didn't sound like the first princess... Her voice sounded...different.

"Take anything you want, if you can." I stood up from my seat and marched back on the small bed. I ignored her rambling and slipped back on my bed, hiding myself under the blanket.

I was too confident saying that, but can I really protect myself from them?

"I will protect us. Just hold on for me." It's that voice again. The comforting one that I kept on hearing before.

I'm starting to wonder, did the real Amethyst really disappeared? Or was she resting inside of me? Either way, I should try to trust her since we're still one.

Somehow, it worries me. They might do to countless of weird things to me. Astraeus said that the transfusion phase was about to end. And I'm assuming that they won't be able to extract her essence from me. What will she do by then? I'm silently hoping that she'll give up. But my whole senses knew already that I'd be in big trouble if they're not able to extract it from me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"This will be the first procedure. Day 1 of Purification," One of the guys wearing crimson robes said.

I was soundly sleeping in that small room and was in the middle of conversing with that comforting voice and a mysterious spirit when I woke up tied on a wooden table-like bed in a different room. My heart pounded horribly as soon as I wake up and my head felt empty, I suddenly forgot the things we've talked about in my dream.

I couldn't think properly that anxiety's starting to take over me. This was my first time experiencing a severe panic attack ever since waking up in here.

My pupils were shaking as I looked around the room. There were five men wearing the same robes and there was the first princess with the two other guys wearing masks. They were standing beside the door, watching me.

I was too immersed with the questions flooding my head that I didn't realize that these suspicious men were already starting. "First step of Purification. Commence."

I felt a strange, painful feeling in my body. I clenched my fists and my toes curled as I scream in pain. My body squirmed on instincts as I felt the inside of my body being filled with a heavy mana, as if it was trying to wash me inside. I tried clenching my jaw to suppress myself from crying, but the pain felt too much. My muscles and even my insides were being squeezed, like I was something they were cleaning thoroughly.

"Stop... Please..." I begged. My voice slowly getting caught in my throat then I coughed a few times. I was too immersed with the pain that I didn't noticed myself coughing up blood.

I wasn't too sure how long the process was since I blacked out for the nth time. I woke up the next day wearing a new white dress. My whole body felt sore and heavy that I couldn't move. It feels like my insides were wounded from the process yesterday.

I groaned softly and whimpered as I felt my throat dry up. Water. I want water...

I couldn't help but cry at the feeling of being helpless. It's been a while since I've experienced this kind of torment. Was I too hopeful that I'd be able to live properly this time? Did I become greedy because of that? Are the gods of this world starting to dislike me as well? Is this why they're allowing people to mistreat me again?

Those were the questions that filled my head. And I wonder, will they ever save me? Should I hope that someone will save me from this misery?

I could feel my body getting weaker. Maybe I lost the remaining strength I gained after resting because of these troublesome thoughts. My eyes fluttered close as I try to calm myself.

But if no one will try to save me...can I just save myself? I'd take every pain they'll give... just don't let them take anything from us, Amethyst. I beg of you. Hurry with that awakening and save us both.

I felt a somber feeling emanating inside me. A sigh escaped my lips as it was soon replaced with a soothing warmth. It feels like my own self's trying to comfort me. It felt good that I eventually fell asleep.

More days had passed, and my body was subjected to various types of magical experiments. They tried a few more of that purification process, then that segregation process and a few more procedures I have forgotten the name of. It was a painful ride for me, but I held myself together and endured everything. I might be helpless right now, but I sure can protect myself by hiding it deeper inside of me. I've learned this from Astraeus before.

In some way, I find it funny that I kept on thinking about them; my father, my brothers, Keita, and mostly, Astraeus. Every night, after the experiments, I would recall the things we did together and it would calm my wavering soul. I wish I had stayed closer to them and Astraeus.

They have taken countlessly of steps from different procedures that I soon felt numb from the pain that always fills my body. I no longer cry, scream or whimper because of it. It was like, I became numb. My body felt cold and empty while we remain inside, hiding from them.

I'd continue this until my body's ready. Or until they arrive... Until then...

So Astraeus, hurry up and save me...