CHAPTER 003

I spent another day with my tutors, but it didn't feel boring like it did yesterday since I have both of my cousins ─ or brothers ─ studying with me. Only that Hendrix didn't seem to enjoy it. Well, it doesn't really matter since they were forced to join me.

I can still remember uncle duke's serious face when they both tried to oppose his decision. But who can really oppose the Grand Duke and the proxy of the future empress? Right, no one!

"Your highness, are you done daydreaming?" Sir Luke, the head of the knights and our mentor in Swordsmanship, asked.

I tried smiling to hide the fact that my head has been flying since earlier, but the two dorks beside me seemed to enjoy the embarrassment I felt. Hmm...

"Sir Luke! I think my brother Hendrix and Arthur want to do the duel," I suggested, smiling innocently at him. My mind's still present even if I daydream most of the time, tsk.

Of course, Hendrix tried to object, but I won't lose, dear brother. "Brother Arthur wants to do the duel with older brother Hendrix, right? You wanted to show us how good you've become?" I said, honeyed voice while turning my attention to Arthur who looked surprised as well.

One thing I've learned about them is that Arthur's weak with praises and he seemed to fancy being pet on the head and being acknowledged by everyone.

Maybe his personality's like that because he's the youngest of the two.

"Yes! Right! I want to show off the new technique I've learned from my knight!" Arthur exclaimed. Great!

"Or what if we let MY YOUNGER BROTHER do some sparring with the princess? Won't that help her more?" The great Hendrix suggested, emphasizing how he is his younger brother. To my failed luck, the head knight seemed to agree with him more than me. He even looked delighted! These people!

"Great idea, young master Hendrix! Now on your guard, your highness and young master Arthur." They really looked like they'll enjoy this! I wish I could wipe off that grin on your face, Hendrix!

"Don't be so worked up, Amethyst. Your big brother won't hurt you," Arthur assured, smiling at me. He really enjoys playing this kind of game, huh? Though he somehow sounded genuine, it makes me happy, unlike his older dumb brother.

"I'll do my best, big brother!" I sounded like a kid just now. How cringe.

But they probably didn't know that their beautiful cousin is great with swords. I've read the story before, right? Of course I'll know that Henrietta Amethyst le Clair's one of the youngest royals who showed greatness with a sword. Only few people know of this because the late emperor forbade anyone from spilling a future trump card. See? I'm a trump card, scumbags!

We've already worn our armors earlier before our class started, so we'll only need to hold our swords and go to our position. We're outside the training grounds of the Amaranthine Palace, the main palace. The training grounds for sparring and sword matches are located near the flower garden. It's wider than the other sparring grounds of the other palaces.

Arthur stood on the left side while I stood on the right side. I'm not particularly a right-handed person nor a left-handed one, but I held the sword with my left hand. Ever since I've gotten here, I've been trying to practice Henrietta's previous skills with a broom to check if the ss are still inside her body, and luckily they were.

"The sparring for this class starts now. Draw your swords and focus on attacking the enemy. Do not injure yourselves and only focus on taking them down. The first one who'll let go of their sword loses. Begin." Sir Luke really sounded like a speaker or something.

Since I don't really remember Henrietta's fighting stance, I just held my sword with both of my hands and spread my legs apart a little. I leaned my body down as if I was crouching while standing up then pointed the end of my sword towards my enemy. I showed no emotion. I don't intend to mock or make fun of him during this match.

Arthur seemed amazed with what I did so he attacked me first. His movements were swift and big that I could almost feel half of my strength falling down from his sudden attack. Our swords emitted a loud clinking sound as they clashed together.

We're still treated as youngsters because of our personality and age, but being inside the battlefield makes a person, even a kid, into a different person.

I pulled myself together then pushed my body forward, I slashed my sword along with it, as if I was trying to cut his sword in half. Arthur backed away to deflect my attack. I lowered my body a little, placing my sword behind me as I sprint forward to him.

I remembered reading this part of the novel where Henrietta learned all sorts of attacks from her own mother, the late Empress Avery. She was a vicious hunter when she was young since she was born in the Land of Dew, despite the fact that she has the blood of the royal family from Annaritas. Only a few people know of that since every trace of her childhood was somehow erased after her family took her back to Annaritas.

I was planning on attacking the side of Arthur's armor, but he seemed to anticipate it, so he quickly placed his sword to defend that part of his body. But I guess he could only read or defend one attack per movement.

A small smirk formed on my lips as I lifted my sword up, I mentally placed my strength at the blade of my sword then I quickly pulled it down, purposely slashing him on the arm. Arthur seemed to have all the luck in this world right now since he was able to avoid that attack.

"Arthur!" Hendrix and the rest of our maids and tutor seemed to be watching us eagerly to realize what my body's starting to do.

This bloodlust, that's coming out of me, I wonder where this was coming from. But this feels great, letting out everything you've kept your entire life. I could feel myself slowly changing as my movements were starting to become dangerous, yet I didn't want to stop. Not now. Not when I finally figured out how to let all this hatred and pain out.

As if another being's controlling me, my body moved fiercely, attacking Arthur with the purpose of hurting him. At some point, that felt good, but deeper inside me, I could hear a tiny voice wishing for me to stop. Why? Do I have to hold myself back like how I did before?

I only snapped back to my senses when I noticed Arthur backing away so much that he slipped on a rock behind him. I quickly threw my sword away and threw my body towards him. My arms quickly wrapped around Arthur's frame, hugging him tightly, my eyes tightly shutting as we both fell on the ground.

"Ow... My back hurts..." Arthur groaned under me.

I quickly opened my eyes and sat up beside him. "Are you okay? Were you bruised? Is there any wound?" I asked, I could clearly hear how I'm panicking right now.

I didn't mean to hurt him. I didn't mean to do that. It was... my body moved on its own…

'And you liked it.'

I didn't notice that my tears were already falling down on my cheeks because of the anxious thoughts that filled my head. I only realized it when Hendrix held my hands.

"Hey... Does it hurt? Your arm is bleeding. And look at your hands." Hendrix sounded more anxious than I am.

My eyebrows creased at his words and I unconsciously touched my arm, making me flinch at the sudden sting. I wonder where this came from…

But first things first!

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me. Arthur's the one who got injured because of me," I answered, sobbing as I tried to stop the tears from my eyes.

Does the real Henrietta feel this way towards his scumbags of a cousin? I'm starting to wonder if she truly cares about them to not even try to harm them in the novel.

"Dummy! You threw yourself towards me, how can I be injured with that stunt you pulled?" I felt relieved hearing how lively Arthur still sounded. I really thought I had injured him.

"Don't do that again, Henrietta! I'm going to kick you both!" Hendrix warned.

He looked cute wearing that worried expression. I couldn't help but giggle at their grumpiness. I wish they'll show more of this caring side to me.