CHAPTER 008

"The people in our nation are starting to worry because of the empty seat the previous king had left. I heard some rumors that the people are scared that their next ruler might become a tyrant as well. That really made me laugh for some reason." Marquis Louis looked harmless, while uncle looked bored listening to him. Maybe he's already aware of their nation's current situation.

"That's why I need the Imperial Kingdom's help to calm their wavering hearts. We don't need to convince them to accept the next ruler. We just want to make sure that they won't cause any conflicts before and during the ceremonies." Is he talking about their nation's people or a possible ambush?

We're in front of the food yet they're talking about such political stuff. I tried to ignore their current topic since I'm not fully aware of what my uncle needs from them and tried focusing on my food.

Then I felt a warm shiver against my spine; I jolted from my seat at the sudden connection I received out of nowhere. It felt like a wire connecting with the wire on my brain or something. Everyone looked perplexed at my reaction, even Hendrix stood up from his seat.

"Henrietta, calm down. I'm using my magic to channel my thoughts to you." It's my uncle's voice.

I glanced at him, and he looked so composed, unlike me. I gave them a smile, giving the impression that I'm alright. "I'm sorry. I just thought that the food tasted especially delicious tonight." What a lame excuse, Henrietta.

What is this anyway? Is this what they call telepathy or something?

"It is."

Don't read my mind uncle!

"I apologize. Anyway, the Maquis is asking a sincere request from us and based on our investigation; he desires good things for their land. But I want you to be the one to make the deal with him. They have every knowledge we need regarding the foreign countries and resources that we can use to garner more information about the mastermind."

Now that I think about it, Talares Nation is like a friendly nation where different countries pay a visit. I've read that even a high-ranking noble from the neighboring countries paid them a visit because of their unexplainable hospitality.

"When will the ceremony happen?" I glanced at them as my uncle asked the Marquis. Then I looked around, trying to observe everyone on the table.

The two princes were seated across the table while Hendrix and Arthur were seated beside me. Hold on, that golden haired prince, Rowan called him Aurelius earlier. I remembered that in the novel, Aurelius lived in Annaritas, but why is he in Talares?

Perhaps, is he an illegitimate child? This might be out of context, but that is somehow possible. There's no way that everything in that novel will change in a span of a month or so. It was only mentioned that Prince Aurelius who killed the evil empress came from Annaritas, but it wasn't mentioned that he's a royal prince of that same nation.

Confusing, I know.

I see. I took my table napkin and wiped my lips. I think I'm starting to understand some things now.

"If you don't mind me asking, Marquis Louis, can you tell us who the crown prince of Talares is?" The Marquis looked surprised with my question. Did he not plan on telling us who their next king will be?

Hah. I remembered it now. Why did I even forget their names? I might've been thinking too deeply earlier to not remember this specific fact. In the novel, Rowan was a duke and Aurelius was a prince. After the evil empress' death, Aurelius was crowned as the new emperor. They were not the real enemies, they were just the hero projection of that novel.