Special chapter

First time kenji and Elena met:)

-*kenjis pov*-

sneaking around sector 45, being invisible, may seem unnecessary, but I do it for the fun and maybe I can get a look of the supreme commander while I'm sneaking around.

he is here, but no one has seen him.

Looking down the halls I notice someone, a girl actually.

I believe it's Warners little sister, as she is the only 6 year old here.

The door behind her shuts while she is trying to get up from the ground. I get visible as I see her not looking.

And I fast walk over to her, I hate Warner, and I can't imagine she is any better, but I can't really leave her there, can I?

she looks up as I'm standing closer to her.

"oh—hello!" She says wincing as she gets up, but her voice happy, yet casual.

I don't know what to say when I see the top of her head red with blood, not alot, but it is there.

There is a cut on her leg, I know because she is wearing what seem to be pyjama shorts.

And a little blood stripe on her shirt.

"are you alright there sir?" She asks looking at me confused.

I nod, quickly. "uh—yes—"

"Are you even allowed to be out here so late.?" She asks, and if she tells Warner, I know will get in trouble.

"are you allowed to be out here this late.?" I ask her, trying to change the subject.

"not really, no, but when the supreme commander wants to see me, I don't really have a choice."

"your dad?"

"yes—um—my dad." She says unsure, looking uncomfortable.

"Um—okay, I think you should get your cuts cleaned up—"
Oh god, this is really awkward, but she acts nothing like Warner.

"my brother is busy.." she says looking down at the floor.

"I can take you to the hospital wing—if you are okay with it—" I say, why does this kid make me so nervous. It's embarrassing as I'm much older than her.

She only giggles. "since you're so willingly to help me, that would be nice!" She smiles.

-*Elenas pov*-

we walk down to the hospital wing, and I takes a seat on the hospital bed.

"what's your name?" I ask him as it has gotten quiet.

"Kenji." He tells me as he find the supplies.

"last name?"

"Kishimoto."

"well, you probably already know mine," I tell him smiling, "I think kenny would suit you better though."

"could you lift up your shirt a little?" He asks, looking a little uncomfortable asking, but I don't mind.

He's really nice to help when most people here would not.

I do as he says and he is careful not to hurt me.

"do you know Aaron?" I ask him trying to get the conversation going, as he doesn't seem very talkative.

"Warner?"

I nod.

"uh—yea, I know him." He answers.

"can I ask you something kiddo?" he says as he is now cleaning the cut on my leg.

"ask away!"

"can I ask what happened in what I assume is the supreme commanders office?"

...

"well, apparently I have behavioural issues" I giggle, not really wanting to bring anything else up.

he doesn't say anything at first, i wouldn't know what to say ether.

"well kid—" he says more cheerful to brighten up the mood, holding his hand up.

I look at him confused, "am I supposed to hold my hand up too?"

"it's a high five—" he says, "have you never heard of a high five?"

I shake my head.

"you do it after a victory, and as I'm done cleaning your cuts, I would say that's a victory." He tells me holding his hand up again.

I do to and he 'slams' his hand in mine.

I laugh, and he smiles.

"I think I should go, if Aaron don't see me in my room he will try to find me, and if he finds me, he finds you." I tell him still smiling.

He nods.

"Hopefully I'll see you around! and thank you for helping me!" I say getting down from the hospital bed.

"it's no problem kid, I'll se you around." He says half smiling.

"bye kenny!" I wave walking out of the hospital wing.

I'm not going to sleep in my own room tonight, it's impossible to sleep after I've been with my father.

so I walk to Aaron's empty room, noticing that he is nowhere to be seen.

I wait in his bed for a little while before I decide to take this opportunity to run and jump onto his bed.

As I do I hear the door open, but I'm already laying face to face with the madras.

"Elena?" He says confused as I assume he saw me jump.

I look up, "I though I would find you in your office, but you weren't there, so I just waited here." I tell him.

"i was in our fathers office." He says simply before studying me.

"I have told you to not go to him if I'm not there." He continues after a while.

"I can't just not go, I'm afraid he will come get me himself, and if I don't go he might get even more mad—"

"He would not come get you himself, if he did, he would risk getting seen by other soldiers," he tells me.

I look down.

"can I see the cuts, did you clean them?"

"A guy named Kenji helped me clean them! he saw me and said he could help." I tell him carefully.

"But—do not punish him for staying out late," I add quickly. "You know that if he didn't see me, I might have still be laying there—"

He doesn't answer.

"you promise?"

He sighs, "I promise, but if I do, you have to promise to not go to his office if I'm not there." He tells me.

I smile and nod.

"Promise." I say.

If kenji doesn't sound anything like kenji in the book, it is because, for some reason it was hard to write him, and because I tried to finish this chapter as soon as possible!
I'm writing a new chapter for tomorrow by the way<33