chapter 2

Dad is here.
I haven't seen him in so so long, the last time I saw him it was not really a good time, not that it ever is.

I'm getting ready for breakfast, Aaron isn't here so I will be eating with the one and only, my dad, alone. of course it is other people there, but—-

"no no no—-" i look at the clock on my desk and I'm already five minutes late. I quickly put on my shoes and run out of my room.

I take the elevator down which didn't go very fast, I walk as fast as I can up to the door where we eat, I take a deep breath and I'm walking in.

"are you always this late?" He says quite loud and irritated which gains many of the peoples here's attention.

"Unlike your brother you're more..what's the word again..yes—" he says "messy." He says almost laughing, but his mood quickly changes and he is now focusing on his food.

"aren't you going to sit down.?" He asks now looking at me again.

I quickly nod and almost run to be seat.

breakfast wasn't very pleasing today and it probably won't be for a very long time. I'm defiantly going to ask Aaron if I can eat my breakfast in my room from now on.

"so Elena—" he starts "what have you been doing lately?" He asks sounding a bit interested for some reason. He makes me very very uncomfortable.

All the conversation I've heard, everything he has done to Aaron, that one time in front of me. I shiver at the thoughts.

"I draw.." I tell him.
He looks bored with my answer.
I sneak out sometimes I don't say. I try to spend as much time with Aaron. I don't say that ether.

"nothing else? I'm disappointed."

"what do you want me to say?" I say all of sudden, I was thinking it, but didn't mean to really say it.

he looks almost frustrated, mad at me for talking back.

"you may leave now." He says sharp and I'm out of there.

-*time skip*-

It's getting pretty late and Aaron is still not back. I want him back, this day  haven't been the best and as soon as he is back, I'm going to ask to get my breakfast served in my room.

There's a knock on my door. It makes me think of kenji, I miss him. He could brighten up my mood right now, I wonder where he is and what he is doing. My thoughts suddenly wander to my dad. What if it's dad?

I walk over to the door and slowly open it.

"Miss Warner, your father wants to see you."
I still. That can't be good, not at all. He never usually wants to see me alone!

I nod, and walk out of my room. I know the way to his office very well, I found it one time I was sneaking around here and accidentally got caught by him.

I knock at his door and for some reason I take a deep breath. I want to go back to my room, but at the same time I really hope Aaron is inside that office.

"come in" dad say, I didn't release he had opened the door. I slowly walk in, but I soon spot the bottles on the floor by his desk.

"have you been drawing?"he says smiling. I nod, but I'm very uncomfortable. Aaron is no where to be seen and I regret coming.

"You know—" he starts, "I was going to send you away when you was born" he says almost smiling again.

I'm so confused on why he is talking about this now.

"and I regret not doing it." He laughs.
"you're such a disappointment Elena" and he turn around, towards me.

"i can't even look at you, you make me mad." He says, "very mad"
he is walking towards the bottles and I hold in my breath for some reason.

He picks two of them up and I'm suddenly terrified. I know what he is going to do and I wish Aaron would be here.

"you should've never been born!" He almost yells, he is very angry. "you take so much of Aaron's time, so much time he could have used on something else."

"why can't you understand that even though I don't want anything to do with you, I wish Aaron put some senses into you, I wish he thought you useful things, so maybe you wouldn't be so useless" he spits out.

He walks up to me, but he is now standing almost behind me, but not quite.

"do I make you afraid Elena.?" He says and I can feel him smiling.

And the pain hits me.

He throws one of the bottles at me, it hits me at the side of my back.
I'm not screaming, I've seen him do this to Aaron before and he never screamed or yelled for help.

i wish he could walk through that door and help me, I wish he would make dad leave. I want Aaron back.

The pain hits me again.