chapter 15

"punch me." Aaron tells Juliette as he has decided to train her today.

He is standing directly across from her, head cocked to the side. Everyone is watching them.

Juliette shakes her head fast.

"Don't be afraid, love," Aaron tells her, " I just want you to try."

But it seems like Juliette doesn't want to fight him.

I would do it happily,

Aaron took my duvet and placed it on my chair as I was "too difficult" to wake up this morning.

"I don't think I can be overpowered," Juliette tells him. "Not really."

"I admire your confidence."

"Well, it's true."

"when you met my father for the first time," Aaron's says, "we're you not initially overpowered?"

I can tell juliette didn't like what he said, but I'm more concerned to know that she has met my father.

"I want you to be able to defend yourself," he continues, his voice more gentle now, and I think it's cute. I like juliette, she's would fit perfectly in with me and Aaron.

I really need to talk to her more.

""I want you to learn how to fight. Kenji was right the other day, when he said you can't just throw your energy around. You have to be able to project with precision. Your moves must always be deliberate. You have to be able to anticipate your opponent in every possible way, both mentally and physically." Aaron tells her.

"I would gladly step in Juliette if you don't mind! or you can do it, but go for the face, he deserve it, don't worry. He will for sure forgive you if you apologise!" I say getting up, but James take ahold of my sleeve to make me sit back down.

I can tell Aaron wants to laugh, he sure enjoyed me yelling at him before we got here.

"im afraid to hurt you." Juliette says.

Aaron laughs, looks away. Bites his lips as he stifles another smile.

"you're not going to hurt me," he says, "trust me."

"Because you'll absorb the power?"

"No," he says, "because you won't be able to hurt me. You don't know how."

She frowns, annoyed. "Fine."

She swings her fists in what I guess she assumes is a punch.

Aaron catches her hand.

"should we try?" I ask turning to face james.

"have you trained?" He asks.

"a little-"

"then no." He laughs, "I don't want to fight you."

I look over to see Juliette trying again.

"Better—control your arm—keep your left fist up—protect your face."

She punch harder this time, but Aaron's reflexes are too fast.

His fist are clenches around her forearm in an instant. He yanks, hard, pulling her arm forward, until she's off-balance and toppling towards him.

as they are an inch apart, she looks up embarrassed.

"That was cute," Aaron says, unamused as he releases her. "Try again."

After a while of this happening non stop he tells her to try again, but this time she has gotten slightly better.

She says she's ready and he swings his arm towards her.

Her left arm bends at the elbow in a perfect ninety-degree angle that slams into his forearm so hard it stops his swing.

Aaron looks amused.

He swings with his other fist.

I look over to see James not even blinking, eyes focusing on what's happening in front of him.

Juliette grabs Aaron's forearm in midair, her fist closed around the space above his wrist, and she takes advantage of his surprise to throw him off-balance, pulling his arm down and yanking him forward. He almost crashes into her-

"oo, they're pretty close, don't you think?" I tell James laughing at my joke, but he don't seem to hear it.

Aaron whispers something to her.

She tightens her hold around his arm, and then shoves him across the room.

He flies back, catching himself before hitting the floor.

"oh my god Juliette!! that was amazing!!" I squeal.

She looks over to me and smile, but she seem to still be a little shocked.

Kenji starts clapping, "we'll done princess," he says trying not to laugh, "I didn't know you had it in you."

Aaron stands up, smiling wide, "good," he says, "you're a fast learner. But we still have alot of work to do."

She looks away, looking at Adam. I do too.

He looks pissed.

I'm going to try write at least one chapter everyday from now on<33