chapter 2

"Elena." I've heard my name at least three times now, it's pretty dark in here and not to mention warmer than yesterday.

Well that was until my duvet and blanket was taken away from me.
"Listen here you little-" I say before I see Aaron standing in front of me with a serious face.

"ohh, uh" I try to say before getting interrupted. "up" he says before walking to the door.

"you can't sleep all day." he says before leaving. who says I can't?
Getting up from bed in the morning is so hard, I put my duvet over me again and try to fall back asleep, but it is impossible.

Thanks to Aaron, I can't fall back asleep.

I get up to find something warmer to wear, don't get me wrong, it's warm in here, but I freeze pretty easily.
Then there is a knock on my door. I walk over to my door to open it.

"Hello young lady" I hear an familiar voice say.
"Kenji! Why are you here?" I ask confused.
"don't you want breakfast" he says smirking.

"but I usually walk alone-"
"yes I know, don't tell Warner" he says with a wink. "You want to wear your pyjamas?" He ask knowing Aaron won't like that.

"I'm too cold to change" I say shivering.
I put on my shoes quickly before walking out to Kenji.

"slept well?" He asks while pressing the elevator bottom to the first floor.
"yes, I had this amazing dream-" I say eagerly. but I don't really remember it now that I'm thinking about it" I tell him.

he chuckles at that. We walk into the dining room, but he walks to other table further away from us. I quickly go sit down not bothering looking at Aaron, already knowing the look he has on his face.

I put some food on my plate and start eating right away, I was starving.

-*Time skip*-

I have been reading for a bit now, but the thought of cutting my hair came into my head again.
My hair is getting annoying, its getting thinner than it actually is, and I hate it. It doesn't really suit me.

I walk into my bathroom and find a scissor, hopefully Aaron won't get mad. I remember cutting my hair myself once, but I was five at the time. I tried cutting bangs, it didn't really end well. when my father saw it he got mad at Aaron for it. Not that he really cared, but I made a huge mess and my hair was everywhere.

He ended up making Aaron clean it all up, but even after that he wasn't mad at me.

I find the scissor and put a tie on each side of my hair to find the length I want.
i want my hair to be up to my shoulder blade. I start cutting it without even thinking it through.
it was definitely a huge difference, but I loved it!

and now I'm bored again.. maybe I could find that girl I saw at dinner the other day and talk to her! She didn't look really happy so maybe I could try to brighten up her mood.

I quickly throw the hair I cut in the trash and sneak out of my room.
I just wander around to be honest, hoping to maybe meet kenji.
if I see Aaron I will have to run, and that's something I'm not planning on happening.

I can't really take the elevator, since people use it. So instead I use the stairs. I go down just a few stairs until I see a very familiar person at the end of the corridor. Wow, I'm lucky this week, I never get to see him and now I see him everywhere.

"KENJI!" I yelled somehow quiet as I see someone shut the door at him.
he looks in my direction with a confused face. that was until he saw me. I walk faster to reach him before he starts walking in my direction, seeing as where he is standing people won't see me very well.

"Elena, what are you doing here-" he says confused and sounding a bit unsure, probably because I shouldn't be here.

"don't tell anyone, I was bored and I wanted to meet the new girl!" I say whispering, but louder.
he is bowing I bit to hear me better, and pull back to stand normally when I'm done.

"well, I wanted to meet the girl myself, but Adam would let me." He says. Maybe if I ask.?

"can we try one more time?" I ask hopefully. "And then I promise to go back to my room" I continue.
he thinks about it for some time and then nods.

I walk over to the door and knock.
"go away kenji" I hear Adam say from the inside.

I met Adam before actually, I remember him being nice! Not that I talked to him, but he was laughing with Kenji, so I'm guessing he's nice.

"it's not kenji, could you open the door please" I ask and the door was being opened straight away.
"Elena? What are you doing down here? you aren't supposed to be here." He says fast. "we're going to get in trouble because of you if Warner finds you here." He continues.

"kenji didn't make you ask about Juliette for him..?" He says looking at kenji with a knowing look.

"her name is Juliette? her name is so pretty! and no i wanted to see her myself!" I say getting a little nervous for some reason.

"why? there is no way Warner let you" he says trying study me.
"I was hoping to brighten up her mood since she didn't look so happy at breakfast! plus, I was bored" I say letting out a huff at the end.

suddenly I see her walking quite slow to the door where Adam I standing and I can see the confused look on his face.
"hello Juliette!"

"woah man-" kenji says which makes me turn around, I totally forgot he was there.

"shut it kenji" adam says sounding mad. I look over at where Juliette is standing and I can't help but think she is very pretty.
I smile at her before telling her my name.

"And I'm 9 years old!" I continue. she smiles slightly back at me.

"okay kiddo, time to go back to your room" I hear kenji say behind me.
"but I just got here—"
And he is now putting his hand on my shoulder and direct me away from the door.

"okay okay— I can't walk on my own you know." I tell him as he lets go of me.

"Bye Juliette! It was nice meeting you—"