the good of yang

It was another day in Beacon with yang causing trouble again. This time, the blonde girl had pulled a prank that not only got her a scolding and detention, but it also earned Ruby a scolding on how to properly handle your teammates from Professor Goodwitch. While most of the time the team leaders of Beacon wouldn't face anything for the troubles their team members would cause, this was a special case. After all, Yang had managed to pull of a prank that left an entire classroom flooded with sewage, which brought up more than a few problems along with it.

And to think that Yang's only target had been Weiss.

After Ruby had her scolding from a very displeased Glynda, the young team leader had decided to go to the library in order to find something to cheer herself up with. She felt the need to have something to brighten up her mood, considering she had been punished for something that wasn't even her fault in the first place. Ruby figured that a good book should do the trick of getting rid of her worries and possibly put a smile on her face.

However, the redhead didn't realize that she was being followed to the library. Blake and Weiss had some questions for their young leader and had decided to follow her.

Just as Ruby was about to immerse herself in a new adventure book, she heard the sound of chairs being pulled back on the opposite side of the table she was sitting at. The scythe-wielder lowered her book just enough to see her two teammates sitting at the table while staring at her.

''Couldn't you guys have waited until I got back to the dorm?'' Ruby asked with a depressed sigh as she put down her book. ''I just got chewed out by Professor Goodwitch about properly handling my team and I really would like some time alone.''

''We're really sorry for bothering you, Ruby,'' Blake apologized. As a person who loved books, she knew how important it was to have peace while reading, especially if you were reading in order to relax after a difficult day. ''But we really need to ask something from you, and we just couldn't wait to do that.''

''What do you want to know?'' the young team leader asked.

''We were wondering why you stay together with Yang,'' the cat faunus answered.

''...Excuse me?''

''Just like Blake said. Why do you stay together with Yang?'' Weiss clarified for her partner. ''I mean, this day has been a great example as to why you should NOT be together with her. That brute causes nothing but trouble for you! Not to mention, you two have to keep your relationship a secret, due to your special circumstances. I'm certain you could easily find someone else to be your girlfriend, so why don't you?''

Ruby was a bit shocked at the way the white-haired girl had just spoken about her girlfriend, but didn't let it get to herself. After all, Weiss had just been at the receiving end of one of Yang's nastier pranks, so her displeasure with the blonde was understandable. Not to mention, there was truth to Weiss' words, like the fact that Ruby and Yang had to hide their relationship.

The sniper took a deep breath as she readied herself to answering her partner's question.

''You are right about some of the things you just said, Weiss,'' Ruby began. ''It's true that there are a lot of problems when it comes to being Yang's girlfriend. Many of which I'm sure you've seen for yourself. However, even with all these problems that come with her, there are a lot more good things when it comes to being with her.''

''Such as?'' Weiss asked, curious as to what her partner would tell her. Blake was listening very carefully, too.

''Well...''

She knows me better than anyone else.

There was an upcoming test from Professor Oobleck and Ruby was studying as hard as she could. The redhead's face was showing signs of exhaustion as she read through her textbook, hoping that she could memorize what was on the pages.