problem 5 partners

''Yang, I really need to talk with you.''

''What is it, Rubes?''

''Well, you see, we have been going out for a while now, right? And as fun and lovely as it is, I think it might have some bad effects.''

''W-What do you mean?''

''I think we need to see some other people, Yang.''

''W-WHAT!? WHY!? WHAT DID I DO WRONG!? TELL ME, RUBY! TELL ME!''

''I didn't mean it like that, Yang!''

Truth be told, Ruby should have known better when talking to her girlfriend. Yang was one of the most volatile people in the whole world. One wrong word and the cheery blonde could turn into an enraged beast in an instant. Thinking about the situation that she was currently stuck in, the redhead could only blame herself for things to go like this. She should have chosen her words carefully, so that Yang wouldn't be crying on the floor while thinking that Ruby wanted to break up, instead of what she actually meant.

So what was Ruby really trying to say? It was simple. She thought that they should spend more time with their partners.

Teamwork was one of the most essential skills that a Huntsman needed. This is one of the reasons the students in each Huntsman academy are put on teams. In these teams, your relationship with your partner is one of the biggest things you need to look after. Not only are you stuck with that person for a long time, but depending on how you work together with your partner could have a big impact on your future career. Those who are able to be good partners tend to be received better by others, as they have shown their ability to work with other people. You are essentially setting up your reputation as a trustworthy comrade.

Ruby knew that in order to have her team work well, they needed to have a good relationship with each other. Not just as a team, but as individuals. She knew that her relationship with Yang was good, even before coming to Beacon. However, that still left two teammates that she feared had been somewhat left in the shadows a bit. Her partner, Weiss, and Yang's partner, Blake. Ever since Ruby had started dating with the brawler of the team, they had been spending less time with the other two girls. They still had activities with the whole team, but neither of the two girls had been spending time alone with either of them. The redhead feared that her teammates could get alienated from them and that a rift would form between them. She was hoping that she could prevent this with Yang's help.

Right after the blonde stopped crying and started listening that is.

''S-So... You don't want to b-break up with me?'' Yang asked while still wiping away her tears.

''For the tenth time, Yang, NO!'' Ruby said with a groan. ''I'm just saying that we should spend more time with Weiss and Blake- Gah!''

The young team leader was cut off by her girlfriend pulling her into a powerful bearhug. While the blonde was crying tears of joy and relief, the redhead was crying tears of pain.

''Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!'' Yang cried out happily while hugging Ruby. ''I'm so happy that you don't want to break up with me! I don't know what I would be without you! But what do you mean by having us see other people?''

''I would explain if you STOPPED CRUSHING ME!'' the scythe-wielder yelled angrily.

''Oops! Sorry,'' the brawler said sheepishly and let the younger girl go.

''Oops, my butt,'' Ruby mumbled angrily as she was finally allowed to breathe. ''Anyways, what I meant by us seeing other people is that we should spend more time with Weiss and Blake.''

''But we do spend time with them! We hang out as a team more than enough!'' Yang argued back.

''We might do that, but we need to spend time with them each on our own as well. I need to hang out with Weiss and you need to hang out with Blake, The reason for this is that they are our partners and we need to make sure that they do not get alienated from us.''