problem 14 advice

Despite the fact that Ruby and Yang were in a relationship, the older girl's role as the younger one's big sister didn't really end. This meant that even if the two girls weren't really related and were now girlfriends, Yang would still hold on to her more sisterly duties. These duties included protecting Ruby and giving her advice on life. The first one was something that caused the redhead quite a bit of trouble, but the second one might have been and even bigger source of problems.

While Yang wasn't a bad person at all, she was not exactly what one might consider a good influence or a role model. Now, that didn't mean that she didn't have her good qualities. In fact, there were a lot of great things about the blonde girl. She was friendly, positive, a skilled fighter, loyal and strong, just to name a few great things about her. However, like anyone else, Yang did come with her bad sides.

When it came to the older girl giving advice, Ruby often learned by her being an example of what you should NOT do. For example, by seeing what happened to Yang, the redhead had very quickly learned the value of studying properly, and to not drink alcohol. By seeing the brawler having to retake tests and getting into all sorts of accidents in a drunken state, Ruby had learned some valuable lessons.

However, Yang didn't teach the younger girl only through being a role model of what not to do. Sometimes, she liked to actually sit down with Ruby and teach her about things that were important. This would have been fine, if it weren't for the fact that what the older girl saw as important often wasn't or was something that Ruby didn't need to hear. One such case was just about to happen.

It was a normal day in team RWBY's dorm with most of the team in the room, doing their own things. Ruby was playing games on her Scroll, Blake reading one of her numerous erotic novels and Weiss was going through her notes. The only one that was missing was Yang, but the blonde girl would soon appear.

Suddenly, the door to the dorm was kicked open and Yang walked in. Weiss was about to scold her teammate about properly opening doors, but stopped upon seeing the look on the brawler's face. Instead of the usual happy smile or goofy grin, Yang had a stern look on her face, like she was walking into battle. The blonde walked into the middle of the room and looked around, taking note of everyone there.

''Yang? Is something wrong?'' Ruby asked carefully, worried over her girlfriend. Weiss and Blake were also staring at their teammate with a mix of curiosity and worry on their faces.

''Everybody except Ruby out,'' Yang suddenly commanded.

''W-What?'' Blake asked, a bit shocked over the sudden demand.

''I said OUT!'' the brawler yelled and went to grab both her partner and Weiss, before throwing them out of the room.

''You brute! What do you think you're doing!?'' Weiss screamed angrily. ''You can't just throw us out like this!''

''I just did, didn't I?'' Yang asked mockingly. ''Besides, all I need is some time alone with Rubes. I'll call you when you can come back.''

''But my Scroll is-!'' Blake tried to say, only to have her partner slam the door shut and lock it. ''...still in there.''

The monochrome duo sat in the middle of the hallway, still in a bit of shock over what had just happened.

''So... Do you have your Scroll with you?'' Blake asked Weiss, hoping that her teammate at least had a way to contact their other teammates.

''Unfortunately, no. It's still in the dorm,'' the heiress answered in a frustrated tone as she stood up. ''Honestly, what is wrong with Yang now!? Why would she need to throw us out like trash!?''

''I have no idea, but we can't do much about it,'' the cat faunus answered with a sigh. ''We should just go spend some time in the library and come back later. Maybe then we can go back inside the dorm.''