Ch. 21

He opens the door for me and I smile. "Thank you." I stop and turn around to look at him. He's leaning against the door. We don't say anything. We just kind of look at each other.

"I'll see you later, Alana." He breaks the silence. I nod and walk off to my car. I grab my seat belt and buckle myself up and realize I hadn't checked my phone yet.

10 missed calls from Lucky. I roll my eyes. I can't believe he did that. Gosh I'm so stupid for forgiving him. I was drunk. I pull my car into the driveway and the beach wind hits my face and warms my heart. I unlock the front door and the tall figure of bleached hair stands in front of me.

"Alana..." He speaks as I walk past him.

"Leave, Lucky."

"Can I just explain-"

"What are you going to explain, Lucky! That you had sex with my bestfriend?! I think it's clear!"

He keeps shut, knowing he has no defense. I sit myself down on the counter chair and he eyes me down. He goes on and on about why I should forgive him.

"I love you okay... But you can't keep hurting me over and over. We can still be friends and enjoy each others company once in a while."

He agrees, "I guess I'll live."

He soon leaves leaving me in sadness. Gosh, I'm such a fool. I'm so stupid to think he wasn't like any other boy. I'm stupid to think he wasn't like Frankie. I'm stupid to think theres a perfect boy out there. I lazily walk up the stairs and go into my bathroom. I haven't slept a lot. Maybe three to four hours. Or less. I grab the amount of pills I need and push them down my throat. As I fall onto the comfort of my bed my eyes slowly close and I go into deep slumber.

I wake up to a figure moving around my room.

"Mom?" I ask the figure slowly being clearer and I realize it's Ava.

"Alana..." She whispers. Her eyes are red and cheeks so stained from tears. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry I've been such a shitty friend. I'm sorry I did that. I'm sorry for everything. I'm just so sorry. I know you forgave Lucky. Gosh, I hope you do the same with me."

I take that last part into mind. I did kind of forgive Lucky. So it'd be just unfair if I didn't to Ava. But she's been here for me since... forever.
"I-I don't know." Is all that comes out of my mouth.

"You're so naive." She states.

"What?" I get caught off guard.

"You're so naive," She walks to my desk and sits down on my spinny chair. "You're over dramatic too. Lucky just found you at the cave and you just gave up all your dignity and self-power for that small gesture. Alana, I just I don't get how you can't forgive me but you can forgive him. You forgave him after breaking up with you. And you forgave him for our little scandal. Yes, I made the first move. But he went a long with it. He was sad and vulnerable and he needed to not think about you for a while." I sat there in shock as to how her tone of voice was. It sounded so devilish but in sympathy. "I just want you to forgive me for my mistake. Okay? That's all I want Alana. You've been here for me since-since forever. I can't
not have you in my life." She walked across the room to my bed. Holding her arms open as I debate wether to hug her or not.

I mean she's right. I am naïve. I am over dramatic sometimes. But I can't help it. It might be over dramatic to them but it's not to me. I'm sure a lot of people can understand that. I just decide to hug her back and accept her apology. But she shouldn't really expect much of me. I am still furious. But maybe i'm a hypocrite. I don't know but whatever. I'm just hungry and I need to go walk Yoyo. I don't know how to politely tell Ava she needs to go.

"Um, I'm going go go out and eat and walk Yoyo, so..."

"I'll come with you!" She perks up and states. I can't say no, I don't want to be rude. Ugh, sometimes I'm just too nice. I nod in acceptance and she gets up to grab her things while I lazily put on jeans and a t-shirt.

The ride and walking around the Santa Monica Promenade is full of Ava talking about her travels and her photoshoots. Once we get to Urth and sit down to eat she asks the question I was dreading.

"So did you? With Danny? Ya know?" Her voice is a little blunt. My face turns red and I can't even speak. My face gives off the answer and she widens her eyes. "You did!" Her mouth opens in shock. "How was it? Is he good?"

"Ava!"

"What?! I just want to know!"

"Is Lucky good?"

She stays quiet and moves on to change the subject.

My phone buzzes and a text message reveals Lucky's name.

Hey, can we hang out later?

A/N: Aaaagh! Sorry I haven't updated. I've just been super busy and I'm having writers block. Please comment some ideas on what I should write about! Im out of ideas 😭😭