Ch. 9

My parents let me go but under the condition i write a report about it. Yes a report. Help me in school.

We're on the road celebrating Pyper's 18th birthday.

Wow she's 18. She looks young though.

We bought her a tiny cupcake and singed Happy Birthday at a gas station. Its unique.

It was dark and gloomy tonight. Everyone had fallen asleep who wasn't driving. I stayed up. Nights like these are what I live for. Lucky's head rested on my shoulder. I was listening to Keaton Henson as I watched the stars.

I began to think about how I got here. What would've happened if I didn't meet Lucky? Would I be with Frankie? Would I have fought Lucky at Starbucks for spilling my drinks?

I sighed. I'm so tired. Its 3am and I can't get myself to fall asleep. I need to sleep. But I just can't. I grab my phone and go to my notes.

I write poetry as a hobby. Its pretty soothing and helps me release my thoughts before they build up.

She dived in.
She felt a rush.
She loved it.
She was too deep in
She tried reaching up for air.
But she breathed in water.

My mind was so full. I began to dig my fingers on my arm. Lucky shifted in his seat. I immediately turned off my phone. It was so dark in the car but i could still see his ocean colored eyes gleam in the dark.

"What time is it?" He questions his husky sleepy voice making me melt inside.

"3:27" I say. Searching for his eyes.

"What are you doing up still babe?" He shuffles in his seat and sits up straight stretching his arm to go over my shoulder. He pulls me to his chest and then slides down a bit. I adjust myself to be comfortable.

"I think I can sleep like this." I say as i shut my eyes and doze off.

I wake up to the beautiful California sunrise. We found our spot to camp and we're all setting up.

As I build Daisy and I's tent we have a conversation.

"So how's it with you and Lucky?" She smiles at me with sympathy.

"It's been so great. I love him." My eyes widen as i say those last three words. I drop the tent fabric and cover my mouth. Oh my. Did i just.. I did.

"Whoa! You love him? Wait you haven't told him?!" She asks. I shake my head. I never really thought of it. I mean love is such a strong word and I honestly feel like he's the first person I truly love. He's an amazing person. He cares about me and he shows it. He always knows what to say. When we were eating with our parents he'd stare at me and smirk. When i'd look up and see him staring at me he wouldn't turn away. He'd just keep smirking and it gave me little butterflies not only in my stomach but my heart.

"Oh my god. I do," I smile wide. "I freaking love him so much! Do I tell him?!" I shake as my wide smile grows. Daisy lights up too. Seeming so proud her little brother finally found someone that she loves too.

"Tell him when your heart tells you too okay? Because when your heart speaks for you. Everything turns out well." She smiles at me as she goes in the tent to air up our beds.

I breathe in the 5am morning air. I look over at Lucky. He brushes his hair with his fingers and stretches. His shirt lifts up a little and you can see his underwear and abs. He catches me looking and smirks.

I end up taking a 2 hour long nap. I would've went longer but I smelled hamburgers. I stretched my arms and hugged my knees. The sunshines through the little "window" of my tent. I peek through and see the Smith family. They all look so happy. So joyful. That makes me feel a weird feeling. A feeling of happiness for them. But a feeling of pity for me. I miss my brother. And I miss the family we used to be.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and decided to go eat.

"Hey sleepyhead!" Lucky's dad calls, "Alana can you please turn the grill off? Grab yourself a bite too if you want, hun."

I touch the little nob and turn it to the sign saying 'off '. As I grab the slightly toasted buns and the grilled patty my eyes make its way to the nob. Is it really off? I turn it on and then off. There its off. I grab the dressing and lettuce. Did I turn it off? I turn it on and then off. There its off. I grab the tomato and onions. My hands touch the knob again as i turn it on and off. I finish building my hamburger. The urge takes over and I check once more to see if its off. On and off. On and off. And for another 10 seconds.

I make my way to sit next to Lucky. I hope they don't think i'm weird for doing that. Lucky gives me a little smile assuring me its okay. Starlie gives me a glare but when I catch her looking she turns. Did I do something wrong?

My heart starts to race. I start to repeat the thought. Did I do something wrong? What is it? Is it really that bad? My breathing starts to increase and then it's kind of hard to breathe. But I dig my nails in the back of my neck. One. Two. Three. Slowly breathe. Four. Five. Six. Seven. I calm myself down. Anxiety. After my brother died I began having anxiety and panic attacks regularly. Eventually I took pills but I stopped those months ago.

We're going to a private lake and thats when i discover the band The Atomics. Lucky, Pyper, Daisy, and Starlie. They're a band.

Lucky intertwines his hands with mine as we walk together. "Having fun?" He asks. His luscious lips curling up to a smile.

"I am. I'm with you. When am I never having fun?" I smile back. He kisses my cheekbone. Then he kisses my nose. Then my forehead. I really want him to kiss my other cheekbone. But he doesn't. I fight the urge to tell him.

My feet tap on the small tiny boardwalk. I push my self off jumping into the water. Lucky grabs me in his arms. We swim until everyone leaves and it's just us two. We sit on the boardwalk dangling our feet.

"It's so simple but beautiful." He's talking about the sunset. I stay in silence as I admire it.

"Why did you keep turning off the grill, Alana?" He turns to me. His eyebrows furrow and his eyes are full of concern.

"I don't know. I just wanted to be sure it was off. Better safe than sorry right?" I laugh lightly. He grabs my neck and pulls me to him. He smacks his lips against mine and lays me down. His knee is in between my legs and his fingers lust around my stomach. He breaks from the kiss and kisses my nose. By now the sky has turned a dark shade of purple to blue. Now you can see all the stars. Nothing compared to all the shining buildings in the city of angels.

Lucky grabs a blanket and we lay here staring at the stars. We start to name the stars and laugh as we make funny shapes with them.

"I'll buy you a star." He tilts his head to face me and I face him. And in this moment my heart races and my stomach gets butterflies and I feel like this is all I need in life.

And thats when I say, "I love you, Lucky." His smile goes down a bit and his eyes gleam. Then he smiles so wide his eyes squint. He kisses me so hard and our lips fit so perfectly it makes this moment so better.

"I'll buy you the whole galaxy. I'll buy you a spaceship and we'll see the stars and the world. But as you stare at the world, i'll be staring at you because you're my whole fucken world and I love you so goddam much. It feels so good saying it." He kisses me again. "I love you" he says between every kiss and then I do too and we do that for a good minute before we decide to get back before it gets too late.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

IM SO SORRY GUYS I TOOK SO LONG AND ITS NOT EVEN A LONG CHAPTER BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND IM SORRY I JUST IVE BEEN PILED WITH SCHOOL WORK AND ITS ALMOST TIME FOR TESTING AND I JUST AJHDNA BUT ANYWAY

IF YOU DONT FOLLOW ME ALREADY PLEASE DO BECAUSE IF I DECIDE TO DELAY THE POSTING DAY YOU'LL KNOW AND NOT GET MAD BUT ILY GUYS SO MUCH KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING AND SUPPORTING ME AND MY HORRIBLE WRITING SKILLS I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH TYSM