Ch. 12

"Y-You're breaking up with me?" The words trembled out of my mouth. I felt as if the whole world has just stopped.

"No... I don't know... I just, I just need some time to process all this. I love you. And I want to understand you. But I think it'll take time. I just, I don't want to hurt you Alana..."

The warm tears ran down my face. "You already fucken did." I hanged up and threw my phone. My hands pushed on my eyes.

"Stop fucken crying." I told myself.

I grabbed my crutches and lifted myself off. My arm muscles ached. I need fresh air. I knew I couldn't get down the stairs. I sat down and pulled myself off all the steps. I grabbed my crutches and went to the beachfront porch.

My tears dried but once I saw the waves the tears began. The ocean reminds me of his eyes. The ocean makes me happy and he makes me happy. Stop. Stop thinking. He broke up with you. I know. He broke up with you. I know. He broke up with you because you have OCD. Stop. He broke up with you. Please stop. He broke up with you.

My hands pulled at my hair and the tears were coming so quickly and I screamed and cried and screamed.

My mother had just walked in the house and heard me. She came running to me. She grabbed my face and gave me worried eyes but it was all blurred with tears.

"Alana! Alana! Alana calm down! Honey, breathe!" She pulled my hands down and held them and demonstrated the calm breathing. I did so.

"What happened?" She asked bringing herself to sit next to me. She laid my head on her chest. My crying had become silent and I couldn't speak or breathe.

"H-he broke up w-with m-me... L-Lucky." When his name slipped out of my lips I craved for his. The tears were hot on my face and it felt so good to cry. I don't know why but I felt good crying. Like as if i've held back so much. 5 months with him. 5 fucken months and he leaves me for something he can help me with and support me with. My fingers find a spot in my arm and my nails dig in. My thoughts repeat and I count to calm myself down. Stop fucken crying.

two days later

Ava knocks on my door. My feet ache and I've been shouting at my mom to bring me pain killers for half an hour now.

"Come in." I adjust myself to sit up. My room is messy. I am a mess. I am a disaster. Lucky broke up with me two days ago. I want to cry. Ive been wanting to cry so hard but if I cry it turns into an anxiety attack and then a mental breakdown.

"Hey..." She walked in her eyes giving me sympathy.

"He's a dick." She said making me laugh. Her laughed lingered around the room too.

She hands me my pain killers and pulls out two pints of ice cream.

"Scoot over and we will begin the process of heartbreak." I giggle at her words sliding my body to the right so she can lay next to me. We watch movies until 11am when Ava leaves.

The mid- June nights fill with warmness. Its been such a hectic weird week and I just can't come to believe we broke up. I seriously thought we'd last. But I'm just stupid for falling in love.

2 weeks later

Im still in the process of dealing with heartbreak. Its been 2 weeks and three days and I am still a mess inside. The first stage was crying over him everyday. The second stage was being able to hid my feelings of what happened inside to stop annoying people. The third stage, which I think i'm getting to, is accepting that i'm pretty fucken awesome and
it's his loss.

Just the other day, I went out with Ava and we got to hang out with a ton of cute boys. I got three of their numbers. But the thing is they're in the trash now.

I miss him. I really do but I can't do anything about this. He left me. He said he needed time because of my OCD. I can't stop myself from my thoughts.

Today is my first day of therapy. I park my car in the building parking. This is where a new life begins. I grab my crutches since now I can use my right foot as support it's easier for me to do stuff. I make my way to the newly built building. Fuck. The door isn't automatic. I struggle to open the door and not fall. I drop my crutches on accident and I feel heavy. I start to fall but I feel arms grab me.

"Whoa be careful," I look up and see a brown haired dark blue-green eyed boy. "Here." He puts my arm around him and bends down to grab my crutches. He hands them to me and I smile at him.

"Thank you," I smile. "Im Alana."

He smiles at me and licks his lips. "Im Danny," He opens the door for me and we walk in. "Are you new here? I've never seen you around."

"Uh, yeah. Requested to have therapy for at least three months. Im here to see Dr. Rocha."

"Which one?"

"What?"

"Which Dr. Rocha. They're a husband-wife business. Mrs. Rocha or Mr. Rocha?"

"Oh, I don't know."

"Well when's your appointment?" He asks writing down his name in the appointment sign in.

"Um 3:20."

"Well so is mine and I have the great sir. You got the gal." He smirks putting his elbow on the counter as I write my name.

The lady in the front tells us to sit down because they're both not done with their current client right now.

I sit down by the small table with magazines. To my surprise Danny sits next to me.

"What are you here for?" I ask intrigued by his mysterious vibe.

"What are you here for?" He shoots back at me.

I hesitate for a little. I try to read his face. He's mysterious. His eyes stay on mine and he pulls the edge of his lips a little up giving me a smirk. I turn away and face forward.

"OCD." I clear my throat after those words. I look over at him. He turns his head and leans in closer. He gives me a smirk and opens his mouth.

Before he can tell me he gets called in. He puts his head down and chuckles. He gets up and before he goes in the door he turns to me and says, "Anger management."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

whoop I updated. So Lalana or Danlana? What even. Anyway, don't worry Lucky will come back in the picture soon don't worry. Anyway THANK YOU GUYS FOR VOTING AND READING I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR LIKING MY SHITTY WRITING