Ch. 29

Today has been two weeks since the tease.

Today he invited me to go out.

Today was my last day of therapy.

Today was my birthday.

Today I was happy.

"Alana!" My father called. The Starbucks drill. I ran down the stairs, quickly tying my hair up.

"I'm on it." I have given up on looking decent to grab coffee. I learned my mistake when I met Lucky. The air was so warm today the mid July sun kissed my skin. I pulled up to the Starbucks, thanking that they upgraded and have a drive-thru now. But today I was feeling I'd rather not wait in the long line in this crazy morning heat. So I went inside.

"Hey Alana! The usual?" One of the worker's, Amy, asked. I nodded. I come here so often and ordering the same thing, that all the employees recognize me and already know what I come here for. I quickly get up as I hear my name and begin to walk to my car with my busy hands. I don't want to seem bratty or anything but, it's my birthday. I shouldn't be woken up so early to get coffee.

Once I enter through the door I smell pancakes. I hear the faint sound of a record player playing the one and only, Elvis Presley. Whom I love.

"Mom?" I ask, walking into the kitchen. She smiles at me as I place the coffee on the island table. She turns around and places a stack of chocolate chip cookies in front of me. It has a candle on top and soon I hear the laughs of my father and Danny.

"We called Lucky but he said he has something special for you later and rather not see you til then." She informs me. I give her a slight smile and Danny sits next to me.

"Happy birthday, you booger." He smirks. I playfully slap his arm. "Ow!" He yells but then soon laughs it off and takes me into an embracing hug.

"Happy birthday, kiddo." My father says, kissing me on the cheek.

"Aren't you guys suppose to be at work?"

"Yup!" My father says before giving me one last kiss on my cheek and grabbing his suitcase. My mom as well. "Happy birthday." They said in union before leaving the house.

"So... what are we doing today?" I turned to Danny.

I hate my birthday. Last year, I spent it in grieve. My brother always took me out for ice cream on my birthday and took me to the aquarium. It was our tradition.

"Well, first I wanted to give you this." He holds up a bright yellow present bag with polka dot tissue paper. I laugh at his choice of tissue paper. "My sister did it." He clarifies. I take the bag from him setting it on the table and digging my hands in. I grab whats inside and take it out.

I smile at the gift. It's a simple picture frame but it's a picture of Danny and me, the second time we hung out. I remember taking his phone because he had snooped through mine and I took like a gazillion pictures of random things, me, strangers, and Danny. He got mad afterwards but later on he told me, "I can't stay mad at you."

I turn it over feeling something attached to it and smile at the gift card. Barnes and Nobles. "Because you love to read a lot." I give him the hugest hug ever.

"You're the best, Danny..." I mumble into his chest. Our hug gets rudely interrupted from the door bell. Danny gets up first and gives me a smile saying he'll get the door. I nod in thank you as he walks away. Seconds later I hear his voice say my name in an unsure way. "Uh.. Alana..." I turn to see what he was so worried about. There she stands. With a huge smile on her face and her perfectly sculpted body is shown as she wears high waisted shorts and a small tank top. She has an amazing body. More than I'll ever have. Ava.

I hadn't talked to her in a month. I kept ignoring her calls and text. She came to my house once but I never opened the door. I needed time away from her. Everything she did irritated me. I feel bad, I do. The least I could do was forgive her the way I forgave Lucky but I've been a shitty friend.

"Happy birthday!" She shrieks. She comes closer to embrace me in a hug. She squeezes my body and I hesitate to hug back. But I do. Her arms let go and I breathe. She hands me a small box that reveals a small bracelet. "Look closer," She says. I pick up the bracelet to see 'Sam Davis' engraved in a small guitar pick. "It was your brothers. Remember when he came to my house once to play music with my cousins? When they said they were going to make a band? He left that there. I always had it but I never wanted to give it to you, knowing it'll break you. But you got stronger and I thought it'd be a perfect time for this." I bit my lip trying to not cry but I couldn't help it. I started to sob and Ava came to give me a hug.

"I'm sorry I've been a shitty friend lately. For ignoring you." I told her. She shook her head and laughed.

"You were never a shitty friend. I was. It's okay you just needed time." She said, wiping my tears. I put on the bracelet and held it close to me.

The rest of the day was full of food and laughs. We went shopping and got yummy lunch. Now I was home trying on many outfits I bought today, figuring out which one I should take to my date with Lucky. Is it a date? Or is it just like a birthday thing. I was stressing out. My makeup was all done and my hair but just the outfit. I decided to go with a simple white sleeveless dress that had a open back and deep v in the front. Matching that with some flatform sandals. My body was full of nervousness and my stomach had mad butterflies. I took one last look at myself accepting that I looked decent.

On cue, I hear the doorbell ring. I quickly grab my bag and hurry downstairs. My body felt like it was going to give up and my heart was racing so fast and once I open the door I was grinning like a mad woman. Lucky looked at me with the biggest smirk ever. He was wearing a black striped shirt, skinny jeans and obviously a leather bomber jacket. He looked incredibly hot.

"Happy Birthday, Alana." He said revealing the white roses he was hiding behind his back. I grabbed them and said thank you. Breathing them in. I quickly put them on the table and smacked my body onto his. He squeezed my waist and kissed my lips. "Come on." He grabbed my hand and led me to his car taking me to whatever he was planning.

A/N: Okay guys so I don't know if I'm going to make a sequel or not. But comment if I should!

Oh and check out my new book! It's not a story but just check it out so you'll understand :)

STAY GOLD

LOVE YOU GUYS x