Chapter 11

Tommy's POV

I'm in the dark cell. Ranboo was sitting right next to me. He seemed focused on something, at least he frowned and didn't seem to notice that I'd waken up. I didn't really pay any attention on him either. The voices had started to yell at me.

They're here
They are in the building 
Techno
Wilbur
Philza
They're here to save us
I knocked Ranboo on his shoulder.
"Hey, the voices says that my family is here," I said. 
"Then we should probably get ready because we can't walk," he said. 
I looked down on our legs. They were filled up with huge wounds, and I saw blood on the ground.
"Good point."

In the next moment someone comes into the room and shouts: "Get over here! NOW!
"S-sir, I can't..." I begin, but gets cutt off by the person grabbing my arm and dragging me up and out off the cell. I notice that someone else does the same thing to Ranboo, even though I can't  remember anyone else coming with the guard. 
 When we're out off the cell, I see the Dream and Sapnap running up to us. I crouch when I see the sharp swords in their hands. They are over us within a next second I feel a cold hand holding my shoulder so hard that it feels like my bones would crushed, and cold metal against my neck. And then I hear Dream's voice, cold and evil speak with anger in every word:
"Step down, hybrid, or we'll kill your son!"

It feels like my lungs forgets how to breathe as the sword gets printed harder against my neck. 
"Give me my son back." The mad tone in Philza's voice is clear. 

I glanze at him, and Phil look meets my eyes. His face is exactly as I remember it, but something's strange with my mind. It felt like I was falling...
No.

No, this isn't... it can't just be... there's no way... 
"Phil!" I scream as I slowly realize what's happening. "Phil, answear me, just tell me it's you!" I yell at him as I begin to fade away from my mind. 

(Honestly, did you think I'd let away my bird boy that easy?)

I wake up, for real this time. My whole body is sweaty, and feels extra warm against the cold ground. Emotions flashes trough my head. 
"Was it just a dream?" I whisper to myself. "But why was it so real then? WHY!?"
I punch the wall in anger. I feel how my skin gets scraped off, but I doesn't matter anymore. Freedom was do close, but it slipped though my fingers. Why did I even start hoping? 
I hear a grunt beside me, and then two glowing eyes opens in the obscure, one green and one red. 
"Tommy, are you... are you o-kay?" Ranboo draws out on the word 'okay'.
"I'm sorry for waking you up Ranboo. It was just... a dream," I sigh. 
"No worries. I slept bad anyways," says Ranboo with a yawn, but it feels like he's lying.
For a short second it's quiet, until Ranboo speaks up again. 

 "Wanna talk about the dream?" The glowing eyes comes closer, and I feel his arm around me.  [IT'S FRIENDLY YOU DON'T FIND ANY LOVE HERE]
I flinch and he quickly removes his arm. 
"Oh, I'm so sorry," Ranboo say with a horrified voice.
"No, keep it," I say as I move closer to him. He slowly put his arm around me again, but more careful this time, as if I'd bite him any second.
"We were getting saved by my family," I start, "they were here to save us, but..."
I sob, and I feel hot tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Shhh." Ranboo makes a calming noise, as if he were talking to a very small child. "Take your time, I'm listening."
 Someting with his way to speak to me reminds me off how Wilbur used to calm me when I cried as a kid. Slowly I begin to calm down, just as I allways did so long ago.
"I woke up," I finish with a sigh, and lean on Ranboo. 

It's quiet for a few seconds before Ranboo suddenly says:
"I don't think I've ever told you about my life before I got here."
"No, you haven't," I say, more interested then I'd like to admit. 
"Well..." Ranboo starts off, "I lived with my mum in a house in the middle of a big field with crops,  with some groves around. Mom worked in a shop in a city quite far away, so every morning she'd take the car and drive away, leaving me alone in the house. She usually came home late, and didn't cope more then to eat dinner and go to bed. IShe was the only person I'd met before I got here. I... I was often the one who had to take care of the house but... mama chosed to live so far away to keep me safe. When she had time she used to go on trips with me in the car."

Ranboo silences, and I pondered what I'd heard. During my upbringing, I'd allways have other people around, and when I first got to this cell it was the first time I was completly cut off from other hybrids. I couldn't think of living with only one person to speak to.
 I looked on Ranboo, and saw that his glowing eyes had closed, and he breathes slowly. I smiled in the darkness. 
In the end, Ranboo had taken his stolen sleep back.

--------------------------------

I'm so glade that I decided I'd make Ranboos eyes glow in the dark. 
Word Counter: 926