Months Later

3 Month After The Wedding

After Biana got married she opened a beauty Salon in Atlantis and resigned as a regent. Dex opened 2 stores that sell elixirs and new technology, one in Atlantis and one in Mysterium. Tam still works as an Emissary for the Council like Sophie, Fitz, Linh, and Wylie. 

******

"Soph, are you sure you're ok?" Fitz asked. He was with her in their bathroom holding Sophie as she was nauseas. 

"It's probably nothing," Sophie replied. And the nausea got worse and she vomited in the sink.

When she stopped, Fitz said, "That's it. We're going to Elwin." Fitz pulled out his pathfinder, held Sophie's hand and leapt them to Elwin.

They appeared in the Healing Center of Foxfire where Elwin was writing health reports. When he noticed them he said, "Let me guess, Sophie found a new way to almost die?"

Fitz gripped Sophie's hand and answered, "I hope not. She's been vomiting for 3 days."

Elwin sighed, "Ok, we're doing a full body exam."

After a few minutes Elwin stared at Sophie partly puzzled and partly happy. But Fitz was worrying too much and only noticed the puzzled expression. 

"What's wrong, Elwin?" Fitz asked, putting his arm around Sophie bracing for the bad news that wasn't coming.

"I don't know how to tell you this," Elwin started, which did not help Fitz. "But you're going to be a father."

Fitz's eyes widened as Sophie asked to confirm, "So I'm...?"

"Pregnant? Yes, 6 weeks into the first trimester," Elwin answered. The soon to be parents froze for 3 seconds then hugged each other. When they separated they locked eyes and talked telepathically. 

So we're going to be parents! Sophie transmitted.

I wonder if its a boy or a girl, Fitz transmitted back.

I'm hoping for boy.

I'm betting it's a girl then.

25 Lusters say that its a boy.

Oh yeah? I'm betting 45 lusters that its a girl.

They giggled at how they had already taken bets on the baby's sex.

"I take it things are going well?" Elwin asked.

"Yeah. We took bets on if its a boy or a girl," Sophie answered.

"Well we won't know that for a few more weeks," Elwin answered, then took out a silver box, "But I do need you to lick this so I know the child's inception date."

Sophie licked it and it flashed blue and Elwin looked at it. "Well it looks like the new Vacker's inception date is August 24th."

Sophie and Fitz smiled and before they left Fitz asked, "Will my wife be nauseas for 9 more months?"

Elwin got an elixir from his shelf and handed it to Sophie, "Take a sip from this next time you feel sick. But nausea is part of pregnancy so don't overdose."

They nodded and leapt home. 

During dinner Sophie asked, "So um, how are we going to tell the others? I'm sure Biana would kill us if we kept it a secret for too long."

"That sounds like Biana," Fitz chuckled, "What if we arrange a gathering here and break the news then."

"Good idea," Sophie agreed, "So do we start planning tomorrow?"

"You promise not to overwork?"

"Well..." 

"Sophie!" 

"Alright alright," Sophie said laughing at how overprotective Fitz was being, "I promise."

2 weeks later

Everyone arrived during lunchtime. Alden, Della, Grady, Edaline, Biana, Tam, Keefe, Linh, Wylie, Dex, Marella, and Mr. Forkle, who Sophie thought had the right to know. Sophie realized how the Neverseen had accidentally brought together so many people and caused their own end.

About 20 minutes after greeting everyone Sophie took Fitz's hand in the center of the reception hall. Everyone's attention was on them.

"So um, we have news to share with you all," Fitz started. 

Sophie's hand went to her stomach, "I'm pregnant."

Edaline, Della, Biana, and any other girl in the room squealed and ran to Sophie hugging her. Grady was a bit angry but that didn't stop him from grinning like Alden and Mr. Forkle. 

The girls let go of Sophie and Marella took Dex's hand, "Wow," she said, "That totally beats the news we have."  The engaged couple interlocked hands, "We're getting married in a month," Marella said beaming. Dex blushed. 

"You too?" Linh, and Wylie asked. 

The rest of them looked at them confused, and Wylie took Linh's hand. They said, "We're getting married!" 

Everyone besides the 3 male adults squealed and pulled into a group hug.

"Wow," Keefe remarked, "I guess that kinda beats my news."

All heads turned to Keefe. He had become a very trusted Emissary for the council over the past few years and still had no intention of dating. So no one knew what he was going to say.

"The council thinks that we should start opening up to the humans about ourselves. In a more discrete way of the Human Assistance Program." Keefe explained.

"Wait, how come we didn't hear of this?" Grady asked pointing to himself and Alden.

Alden asked the smarter question, "They want to bring the Human Assistance Program back?"

Keefe answered Alden's question, "It'll be smaller than the HAP, like only a select few from the Nobility will be able to take part. But the Council thinks its the best course of action to fix the friction between our 2 races. They said we'll start small like sending Livvy to human hospitals and helping the Humans develop better medicine. And if things go well, more Elves will be able to visit the Forbidden cities. Of course we're not going big yet, with how large Human populations are."

Sophie was shocked, she had always thought that the purpose of her existence was to bring the 2 races together, and now it was actually happening. 

"I don't think they'll make an official announcement just yet," Keefe added, "From what they said, it sounded like only 3 people will be able to go once the program is in full swing. And I only know about it because the council thought that I should know considering that I lived with the Humans after my abilities merged. And before you ask Foster," Keefe said when Sophie was about to interrupt, "I did point out the fact that you lived with the humans for 12 years, and they said that telling you first would make you push the new program to fast. And as an Empath, I kinda had to agree, when you come up with a big solution, you push it until it gets through. And that's not the kind of attitude we need towards the untested program." 

Sophie thought for a moment and said, "Keefe I hate to say this, but you just made a lot of sense."

"Of course I did Foster," Keefe smirked. 

"Except the Foster part," Fitz added.

"Eh, Vacker doesn't have the feisty ring to it like Foster does," Keefe said.

Laughter had to break out at that comment.