Wedding Preparations

Sophie spent her final year of Foxfire studying the different roles in the Nobility. Occasionally she practiced them like she did with Mentoring. Dex, Marella, and Biana were studying similar things, and Fitz, Keefe, Tam, and Linh occasionally worked together for assignments from the Council. Soon it was time for Sophie's graduation and afterward, all her friends had a sleepover at Everglen for old times sake.

"Truth or Dare Sophie?" Dex asked.

"Truth," Sophie replied.

"Where do you want your wedding to be?" Dex asked.

Sophie blushed, "The gardens of Everglen sound nice."

"Wait a minute! Are we talking about wedding preparations?! I need to hear this," Della said as she peeked in through the door.

"Well we weren't until now," Sophie replied, "Do you think it's a good idea?" Sophie asked Fitz.

"Of course," Fitz replied.

"Did I hear wedding preparations come out of Della's mouth?" Edaline asked as she also came in. The adults were having dinner at Everglen to celebrate their kids' graduations. "Because we know she'll overdo it."

"No, I simply like an extravagant party," Della defended, "Anyway, what were you talking about?"

"Sophie wants her wedding to be at Everglen's gardens," Biana replied.

"Oh my goddess, that is a wonderful idea!" Edaline exclaimed.

"I will handle all the decorations," Della stated.

"And I will be there so we don't overdo it," Edaline added.

*****

A few weeks afterward, they started planning their double wedding.

Fitz and Sophie were going to marry the same date as Tam and Biana. Linh and Wylie still wanted to date some more like Dex and Marella, so they were going to have their wedding later.

"SOPHIE FOSTER!!! WAKE UP!!" Sophie heard a familiar voice squeal while she was in bed.

"10 more minutes," Sophie replied.

"No! It's almost noon!" Biana replied, "We have to get our wedding dresses today!"

UGH," Sophie said as she sat up, "Fiinne, give me 5 minutes to change."

"Alright."

******

"Bianaa we've been here for an hour! My feet are killing me," Sophie whined as she sat down on a chair in a wedding dress store.

"Sophie Sophie, this is our one and only wedding! We have to find the perfect dress." Biana replied as she grabbed another dress and went to try it on.

"Miss Foster, what kind of dress are you looking for?" a worker asked.

"Well something that's comfortable and light, but also something with a few unique touches," Sophie replied.

"Hm," the worker said and went to look in the clothing rack. She came back 3 minutes later holding a dress, "I think this one will look lovely on you."

"I'll try it on," Sophie politely replied and went into the dressing room with the dress. She tried it on and it felt like exactly what she was looking for. It had golden shoulder straps, a teal sash, and the bottom was glittered with teal and gold sparkles, and it wasn't too puffy and hard to walk in.

Sophie stepped out and heard Biana gasp, "OMG Sophie that dress is perfect for you!"

"I think so too," Sophie replied, "How much is this?"

"25,000 Lusters," A worker replied. Sophie paid and waited for Biana to pick out a wedding dress. After 20 minutes Biana came out wearing the most beautiful wedding dress. It was strapless and had more than 10,000 jewels and intricate designs.

"I think this is the one," Biana said.

"It's beautiful, Biana," Sophie said.

"How much?" Biana asked.

"32,000 Lusters miss," A worker replied and Biana paid her.

Afterwards, Sophie and Biana went shoe shopping, Sophie chose white shoes with slight heels, and sat down. Biana was still looking, and knowing her, they would most likely be stuck in this store for the next 2 hours.

Fitz? Sophie transmitted.

Yeah Soph? What's up? Fitz transmitted back.

I'm sitting in a shoe shop...

With my sister trying on every single one?

YEP. You think she won't notice if I leave?

She'll definitely notice. And then she'll call the Black Swan Collective and jump to conclusions about you being kidnapped again.

Ugh! Please save me! Fighting the Neverseen is easier than shoe shopping.

Fitz mentally chuckled, No sorry, if I get you out it'll be 2 people that Biana would want to kill.

Then Sophie noticed a hand waving at her face, Wait hold on, someone's trying to get my attention. Sophie looked at the person waving.

"You were talking with my brother, weren't you?" Biana asked.

Sophie blushed at being caught red handed, "Yeah," she mumbled.

"Well you don't have to wait longer, I found the right heels and paid for them."

"So we can leave!" Sophie said standing up.

"Yes Miss Foster. Oh wait, it'll be Ms. Vacker in a few weeks!"

Sophie blushed again and transmitted to Fitz while stepping out of the store. Ok surprisingly, Biana only took 45 minutes shoe shopping and now I'm home free!

I'll be waiting for you at Havenfield, love you, Fitz transmitted.

Love you too, Sophie transmitted back and severed their connection.

******

Sophie glittered into Havenfield and jumped into Fitz's embrace.

"Why hello there my future wife," Fitz teased.

"Don't tease me," Sophie whined. She pulled her head back and pecked his lips. 

"But you're so cute when you whine!" Fitz said and Sophie lit up 1,000 degrees. "I have something for you."

"Really?"

"Yep," Fitz said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a long box. 

Sophie saw the picture of macarons and asked, "For real?! You went to the Forbidden cities to get me this?"

"Yes and no."

"Huh?"

"I went to the Forbidden Cities to get a human cook book and baked these. I thought it was a good way to show how your past and present can make a great future."

Sophie's eyes slightly got teary from how considerate Fitz was being. "Thank you," Sophie said and she put her arms around his shoulders and kissed him. He kissed back and they enjoyed the soft and sweet kiss. 

When they pulled apart Sophie tried the macaron and it tasted like the perfect combination of Mallowmelt and the human macaron. Fitz was right, her past and present do make a great future.