Baking and Kissing

"So, we're definitely making Mallow melt and ripple puffs, right?" Sophie asked as they stepped into the kitchen holding hands.

"Yup," Fitz said while grabbing the ingredients, "I just need to remember the first step."

"For ripple puffs I think you mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet ingredients," Sophie said.

"Yea I remember now, so how about you start whisking the dry ingredients while I go with the wet ones?" Fitz asked. When Sophie nodded, he got 2 bowls, placed one in front of each of them and added the wet ingredients into his. Sophie started mixing the dry ingredients and after 15 minutes they got to the part where both wet and dry had to be combined and folded together.

"Ok Soph, carefully pour them," Fitz said as Sophie lifted her bowl and poured her ingredients into Fitz's. "Now, we have to carefully fold them together, so it doesn't fly away." (I'm referring to the fact that things like powdered sugar and flour fly away when whisked vigorously).

Sophie watched Fitz carefully whisk the ingredients together and her conscious drifted into his amazing eyes, long eyelashes, chiseled jaw...perfect nose, and of course his movie star smile.

"Uh Soph?" someone called out and Sophie snapped out of her daze.

"Uh um what? Yea?" Sophie asked.

Fitz laughed, "I said that maybe you should give it a go." Fitz handed her the bowl and whisk.

"Uh sure," Sophie replied as she whisked how she was taught in the Forbidden Cities.

"Good heavens Sophie," Fitz remarked, "Looks like I'll have to teach you how to whisk." Fitz put his hand over Sophie's, that was holding the whisk and moved the bowl to the proper position. Then stood behind her, his body covering hers, and both his hands over Sophie's. One that whisked and one that held the bowl in place.

Sophie's hands learned and got used to whisking and Fitz let go of her hands only to hold her waist. Sophie blushed and slowed down.

"Keep going Soph," Fitz said as he leaned his head into Sophie's neck, enjoying the smell of Calla's panakes perfume, and Sophie's shampoo. Sophie continued her whisking. Fitz gently kissed the back of her neck, then moved up to her cheek and kissed there too.

He was about to nibble on Sophie's ear when Dex and Marella yelled, "Yo lovebirds! Some of us are trying to bake!"

They (As in Sophie and Fitz) had forgotten that they were in the kitchen with all their friends, Dex and Marella were baking together, Biana and Tam were a team, and Linh was with Wylie.

"Said the couple that are whisking while holding hands!" Biana yelled. It was true, Dex had his hand over Marella's that was stirring the batter. Dex and Marella blushed but didn't let go of each other.

"Well out of all of us, Sophitz is the sappiest!" Dex retaliated.

"How about no criticism of couples from now on?" Sophie asked, still blushing from Dex's comment.

"We can live with that," Linh, Wylie, and Biana said. Soon they were done with multiple batches and flavors of Mallow melt, custard bursts, ripple puffs, butter blasts, and mooncakes. And they enjoyed these desserts with their lunch. Afterwards, Biana gave everyone a makeover...Sophie made her promise that she would go light on the makeup.

When they made their way down to the living room, all the guys' jaws dropped.

Damn you look hot, Fitz transmitted.

Sophie blushed and transmitted, Thanks!

The girls sat down with their boyfriends and broke into couple conversations. "I want to kiss you so bad right now," Fitz whispered into Sophie's ear.

"So why don't you? Our friends have walked into it before." Sophie replied and pulled Fitz into a long passionate kiss.