Bets & Labor

AAAHHH WE HIT 1.3K!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈😊😊THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE READS. I LITERALLY WOKE UP A FEW DAYS AGO, OPENED WATTPAD AND WENT 'HOLY COW I HIT 1,000 READS!!!!' BUT SERIOUSLY THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY, I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT. AND HERE'S THE CHAPTER.

******

After the Wedding was over everyone headed home to find a scroll addressing Councilor Alina's resignment and a list of possible candidates and all the pros of them becoming a Councillor. Keefe's name was first and he had the longest paragraph listing all his pros. Sophie wondered if this was why he was summoned in the morning.

"Hail Keefe Sencen," Sophie said to her imparter.

The imparter flashed and Keefe asked, "Hey Foster, what's up?" 

"Is Alina's resignment the reason you were summoned this morning?" 

"Yup, I told you its nothing to worry about."

"Nice try. Why did the Council tell you first?"

"You saw the scroll right?" Keefe asked and Sophie nodded, "They want me to be the next Councilor."

"Oh."

"Hey what's wrong Foster? And remember I'm an empath."

"Well, are you really not going to get married? Or have kids? Ever?"

Keefe was silent for a moment, then he said, "I don't plan on it any time soon. But don't worry about me Foster. My gut is telling me that this is the way its supposed to be."

Sophie pursed her lips, "Ok, you have my vote."

"Good to know, good night Foster."

"Bye."

Keefe obviously hailed Tam to brag.

"What do you want Keefe?" Tam asked from the imparter.

"For you to admit that I'm awesome for getting the Council's attention and being the first one on their list of nominees," Keefe smirked.

Tam sighed from the imparter, "I told you, I don't care who gives you compliments as long as its not Biana. No way am I having my wife compliment my frenemy."

"Wow, controlling much?"

"Its called being in love. And wanting to be the one and only person in their eyes," Tam answered.

"Oh Tam, you are the one and only person in my eyes," Biana said from the door of her's and Tam's bedroom. "Hi Keefe."

"Hi Biana. I was just bragging about how I'm the first person the Council wants on their side," Keefe said.

"You can brag when you become a Councilor, right now, we need to sleep," Biana said, directing the last part to Tam.

"Kay bye!" Keefe severed the connection.

*****

Keefe obviously won the election and 2 weeks of nonstop bragging followed. Most being about how amazing 'The Hair' looks with the ice blue circlet, and how responsible and mature he looks with a silver cape. I mean what did we expect from Lord Hunkyhair?

******

Sophie was 3 days away from her due date, Biana was 38 weeks pregnant and Elwin insisted that they spend the last weeks of pregnancy in the healing center just in case. After all, this was Sophie, the elf that could die of her clumsiness, and Biana was having twins, so it was very possible for her to be in labor early.

"This is so boorrriing!" Biana said as she sat in the healing center with Sophie.

"No kidding," Sophie agreed, "Hey Elwin, do we have any books or board games to play?"