Chapter 1

Skylar's POV

Today was my first day of having a teaching job in high school and the day couldn't have started any worse. When I woke up, I was all happy but I soon realized that if I wouldn't hurry, I would be late on my first day of the job. So, I ran into the shower but slipped on a bar of soap, still I managed to get up and took a shower. After that I ran in my kitchen to try and make a cup of coffee but my espresso machine appeared to be broken. 'I really need my cup of morning coffee, what can I say I'm very weird without caffeine in my body.' I thought. I noticed that it was getting really late so I figured I would pick up some coffee on my way. I quickly changed in to some proper formal attire which would make me look like a teacher, grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house.

I quickly reached Starbucks and it was just my luck that there was a big line, so after 10 minutes it was finally my turn and I ordered an Americano. As soon as I turned around someone spilt a cup of coffee on my white shirt, the person started to apologize I said "It's fine". I heard my name being called so I took my coffee and got in my car trying to search for something I could wear to school. Luckily, I found a shirt and quickly changed in my car 'Thank god I keep spare clothes in my car'. There was no traffic, so reached the school in 10 minutes being the teacher I should have reached 20 minutes before the bell but I am only a minute earlier. I got into the class and hoped I wasn't late but the class was still empty. At first, I was shocked but I soon realized that that my first period was free and that made me just want to bang my head on the wall.

Well, as I now have got 40 minutes to kill let me introduce myself to you my name is Skylar; Skylar, Taylor, Jackson Jr. I know my name is a little bit weird it only consists of first names which is a weird thing so let me explain. Skylar is my given name Taylor is my father's name and Jackson is my grandfather's name. When I was still in college, people used to call me TJ or Skye, I usually introduced myself as Skylar TJ and I am 23 years old. I know it's young and I am going to be teaching seniors who are almost 18, which is a bit weird for it being my first-time teaching. Honestly, I wanted to teach juniors but the school desperately needed an English teacher for the seniors and well I couldn't just refuse their begging.

Let me tell you how the interview for this job went; One day I woke up and my best friend Jennifer Miller (Her and I have been friends since preschool and well she has been there for me in both my best and worst days, even the day I told my parents I was a Lesbian. I was 15 at the time, they freaked out and created a big scene, but Jennifer or as I like to call her Jenni was there for me and helped me through it. Now my parents are fine with it, my mom had even tried to set me with set me up with some blind dates. Some of them were good, well, who am I kidding all of them were a disaster).

Anyway, so she called me and said that she was going for an interview at a school the next day, and that it would be fun if I also went in for an interview. So, taking it as a joke I prepared a resume overnight and went to the interview. I was the only candidate interviewing for the English department, the school needed an English teacher because the one they had couldn't handle the kids. At first, I started laughing in front of the school board thinking it was a joke but when they started giving me weird faces, I straightened myself, looked at them seriously and asked; "Is this a joke?" they said "No" after that they asked me the question why I was participating in this interview if I wasn't serious about the job. I told them I didn't think I would be hired and well from there they started begging and out of pity I said "Yes". I then came to know that I was going to be teaching the senior class, I told this to my father and he started laughing at first but then told me that our family never backs out of a challenge and some other motivational speaker talk. I figured how bad could it be teaching the seniors.

So, this is me Skylar TJ, on the first day of the job and I'm sitting with my feet up on my desk reading a book on Wattpad. The bell rang signalling the end of the first lecture, I quickly went to stand near the door. Students started to enter and some boys were checking me out, one of the boys even entered and said 'Are you new to the school, if you're in need of any help please let me know babe' I didn't reply so he smirked and said 'Playing hard to get, I like it' at that moment I was just trying to stifle a laugh, thinking of the face he would make in a few minutes when he finds out who his babe is. At last, the bell rang, I went to the board and picked up a marker and wrote my name Miss. Skylar TJ and introduced myself to the class; Hello Students, my name is Miss. Skylar TJ I am your new English teacher you can call me Miss. TJ. The boy who called me babe asked if I was a sub and I responded no at that he made an, oh shit I'm screwed look. I told the students to introduce themselves and as the third person was introducing himself my classroom door opened with a huge bang. Ans there stood the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, blonde hair, blue eyes and a really sweet smile and well a "STUDENT" my brain screamed at me. I realized she was smirking at me so I quickly redirected my gaze elsewhere. She started to apologize for being late and I let her into the class as it was my first day and I didn't shout at anyone, especially her. The only desk that was empty was right in front of me (God Seriously) as everybody started introducing themselves again, she was the last one in line and her name was Katie.

As it was only the first day, I told the students we were going to play a game. You all are going to write down the most awkward moment of your life on paper without your names on it and throw it in a bowl. I will pick a random person and tell them to pick one paper from the bowl and read it out loud. This was a trust exercise I learned in university and well it was also a fun game. Everyone started writing and soon everybody had put their papers into the bowl. I went to the boy who had called me babe, his name was Dave and I told him to pick out a paper to read out loud. When he opened it his face screamed, I'm not going to read this so I gave him a stern look and he said fine. So, I went to my desk and he started reading; "My most awkward moment was my first kiss, me and a guy from school were on our first date and it was a weird and bad date I thought I had made it clear to him when he drove me home. But when we arrived, he still tried to kiss me, but that wasn't the most awkward part because when he was just centimetres away from my face he burped and still tried to kiss me. Sick I know!" The whole class started laughing, well I was too and said "Well, I am really sorry to whoever this happened". I saw Katie wasn't laughing, but making a sick and angry face that's when I figured it had to be her note. So, I gently put my hand on her shoulder and leaned in and whispered in her ear "Other kisses won't be that bad" and gave her a slight smile. At first, she looked at me in shock and said "How did you know?" to which I said "Your face".

We went on for 10 more minutes and Katie was laughing at the stories of others as well, then the bell rang and the students started to pack their bags and leave. The whole day went smoothly with some students asking awkward questions like if I was dating anyone If I was a sub or If I would ever date a student. I answered them all with a big fat "NO". When I got home, I was very tired so, I ordered some Japanese takeout and went to bed so that I wouldn't be late tomorrow. That night a certain blonde with blue eyes kept popping into my head and I wondered about how it would feel to kiss those soft pink lips. My brain started to scream "SHE IS A STUDENT" so, I quickly shut off all my thoughts and tried to sleep.