SEVËNTEEN

Cain

Finnick had fallen asleep very quickly, I could tell he was about to drop as soon as he walked into my room.

After about an hour I heard a knock on my door. As carefully as I could, I slid out from under Finnick and walked over to the door.

I opened the door which revealed my younger brother.

"Hey are-"

He stops talking and sniffs the air before peaking into my room.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah."

Zade takes a step into my room and looks at Finnick.

"He looks," He pauses "Drained."

"He definitely is." I say

Zade looks at me.

"He didn't sleep last night and he's been with one of our new arrivals all morning." I say

"He worked with one of them?"

I nod.

"He did so well with the kid, he trusted Finnick almost immediately."

"You think he's gonna be a good Luna?" He asks

"Yeah. Do I think there'll be bumps in the road? Definitely, but I think he'll do great once he gets the hang of things."

"Do mom and dad know he's here?" He asks

"No, I want him to sleep first." I say

Zade nods.

"Link me when-"

I hear a gasp making me look over at Finnick.

"N-No." He mumbles

I rush over to his side and softly shake his shoulders.

"Finnick."

He doesn't wake up, instead he starts thrashing around, swinging and clawing at me.

"No! Get off!"

"Zade, go get Kai and Devon!" I yell at my brother

He nods and leaves the room.

"Finnick, baby wake up!" I say trying to block is blows without hurting him

He lets out a loud scream that pierces my ears.

"Finnick!"

I grab him and pull him into my lap, cradling him to my chest. I hold his arms down to keep him from hurting me or himself.

The door opens and Kai and Devon come over to the bed. Kai gets a little too close for my liking so I let out a warning growl.

"What happened?" Dev asks

"Nightmare I think."

Finnick had stopped thrashing around but was still panting and sweating like crazy.