FIFTËEN

Finnick

I didn't sleep. I couldn't.

After Cain had left I just stared at my ceiling, wanting him to come back.

I know it sounds clingy and overdramatic but I really didn't like being away from him. I wanted him to stay with me last night but I didn't want to annoy him.

When my alarm goes off I turn it off and drag myself out of bed. I walk over to my closet and grab a dark red hoodie and black sweats.

Not caring about a shower, I pull my clothes from yesterday off and pull on the new clothes.

Once I'm done I brush my teeth and run a hand through my hair. I head downstairs and see my dad in the kitchen cooking. Elliot was at the table with a plate of food in front of him. He looked up when I walked in but I didn't acknowledge him.

"Good morning." Dad says

I nod.

Dad hands me a plate of food and look down at it.

I set the plate down on the counter and walk out of the kitchen.

Maybe later.

"Finn?" Dad calls me

I turn to him.

"What's wrong."

I don't answer, I just turn away and walk upstairs and grab my bag and shoes.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I pull my shoes on and hear a knock on the door.

I open the door and Cain is standing there just like he said.

"Hey-"

I reach forward and hug him, my arms wrapped around his torso. He wraps his arms around me and holds me tight.

He pulls away slightly and looks at my face. He frowns and cups my face.

"What happened?" He asks

"I-I couldn't sleep after you left."

"You could've asked me to stay."

He rubs my cheek with his thumb.

I lean forward and rest my head on his chest, holding him tighter.

"Come on lets get going, yeah?"

I nod and Cain wraps his arm around me.

We walk to the car and Cain opens the door for me.

I mumble a thank you and slide in. He shuts the door and walks around the front of the car, getting into the drivers side. He starts driving towards the school and stays silent.

He sets his hand on my knee, making me look at him.

He wasn't looking at me but I was happy with the small act of affection.

I take his hand in mine and pull it further up into my lap. I play with his rings, something I've found really calms me.

Cain turns and smiles at me and god I almost melt in my seat. His smile was beautiful, it wasn't just a grin or a smirk this time, it was a smile that lit up his face.