FØURTEEN

Cain

"Finn!"

I jump awake and roll off Finnick, falling on the floor next to the bed.

I groan and turn over on my back.

"Daddy?"

I look up and see a man about the same height as me standing in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest.

Finnick's father, wonderful first impression.

I quickly stand up, realizing that I'm still shirtless.

"I-I uh-"

His eyes narrow and he looks me up and down. 

"Pleasure to meet you sir, I uh, I'm Cain Azrael." I extend my arm

He grabs my hand giving it a nice squeeze.

"Nikolus Bakker. Call me Niko." He says

"It's a pleasure Niko." I say

"What're your intentions with my son, hm?"

I look into his eyes, his jaw set.

"I care about your son, I've only just met him but I already see an amazing future with him." I say looking at Finnick

Niko claps a hand on my shoulder and pulls me in. He smiles and leans down to my ear.

"If you hurt my boy, I swear to the moon and back that you will never walk again. I will break every single bone in your body. Don't mess this up."

He pulls away and pats my back.

I turn to Finnick who's fallen back asleep and turn back to Niko. He walks out closing the door.

I let out a sigh and drop back down on the bed.

I look over at the clock and see that it's just past 1 AM.

Shit.

Looking around the room I find my shirt lying on the floor at the bottom of Finnick's bed. Grabbing my shirt and keys off his dresser I pull my shoes on and look down at Finnick. I lean down and kiss his forehead and pull the blanket over him but when I go to walk away a slender hand grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?"

Finnick slowly sits up, still holding onto my wrist.

"We fell asleep. I didn't tell anyone that I was staying, my parents are probably worried." I say

"I'm sorry." He mumbles

He looks down and lets go of my arm.

"Hey, it's ok. You don't need to apologize."

I reach out and lift his chin so he looks at me.

"I'll be here in the morning to take you to school, I promise." I say