ELËVEN

Cain

Sitting in fourth period my leg bounced under the desk. I was all anxious and jittery because I couldn't feel Finnick. I knew he was still in the school but I couldn't feel where, he was too far away. Most likely on the other side of the damn school.

I wanted him close, I needed to know he was safe and ok. Especially after the way Elliot reacted I don't like Finnick by himself.

After finally having enough I stand up and walk towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" My smug ass teacher asks

"Bathroom."

He gives me a look and shoos me out.

Bitch.

I walk through the halls trying to find and trace of his scent.

I walk to the other side of the school, finally picking up his sweet caramel cinnamon smell. I follow the scent and stop outside of a class room.

I look through the glass and see him writing something. I tap the glass but it doesn't catch his attention. I tap again and he looks around the classroom before stopping at the door.

His eyes widen slightly before a soft smile plays on his lips. He raises his hand and says something to the teacher and soon he's walking towards the door. He opens the door and smiles at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks

Instead of answering I pull him into a hug. He quickly reciprocates wrapping his arms around my neck.

"I just needed to make sure that you were ok." I mumble into his shoulder

"I'm ok, are you ok?" He asks

"Yeah."

Why am I being so clingy?

"Hey Finnick?"

"Hm?"

"Is your birthday coming up?" I ask cautiously

"It's in a few weeks, why?"

I pull away and grab his hand. I pull him towards the nearest closet and close the door. I flick on the light and he looks at me with confusion.

"The bond is strengthening because you're so close to your eighteenth birthday." I say

"Oh." He says

"That why I came, I was paranoid and anxious because I couldn't see you and you weren't with me." I say

"What will happen with the bond when I turn eighteen?"

"You'll feel the pull towards me, it's different because you're human but you'll still feel it. You'll want me with you all the time like how I want you with me all the time." I say

He looks at me.

"It will also heighten your uh sexual attraction to me."