The Red, White, and Blue Mass Part 2

The Red, White, Blue Mass Part 2

Jonas’ P.O.V.

                Within 30 minutes, almost everyone was ready. Blackbelt, Josh, Pauly, and I were ready; Caleb and Sam were almost ready. Josh had on what he wore to dinner. Blackbelt had on black dress pants with a blood red dress shirt. Pauly had on what I wore to the dinner. I had to wear my police uniform Class-A. It was dark blue pants with a stripe down the sides of the legs, the same color blue jacket that had light blue epaulets on it, and the electric blue tie to go with the black undershirt. Then I had to have my utility belt on with my Class-A hat.

                Finally Caleb and Sam finally finished getting ready and revealed themselves to us. Sam had on a black skirt with a pink button up shirt. I looked over to Pauly, and saw that his little friend stood at attention. I let out a little chuckle when I saw Pauly blush in embarrassment. I jumped and screamed like a little girl when someone jumped on my back. I turned around to see that Caleb was the one who jumped on my back. She was laughing at how I reacted. I felt myself get hard. I tried to cover it up before anyone noticed. But I was too late.

                “It really only took you 4 seconds to get excited this time. That’s a new record for you babe. Try to control yourself at the mass. We can have fun tonight.” Caleb said this in my ear with her lips brushing against me. I still can’t believe that she caught me that fast. Whatever.

Caleb was wearing a tight fitting blue dress that was strapless and short. She had on black flats that matched her eyeliner. She straightened her wonderful hair. I knew I would have to control myself at the mass. If I didn’t, then my wolf would show and regular mortals would see it. Plus I would probably get it on right then and there.

Finally we all left and got into the pack limo. I was the driver because the Alpha, his mate, the Beta, and the Gamma were the only ones who could drive. Plus everyone else besides Caleb drove like a maniac. Within 5 minutes, we were at the church. I went up to my lieutenant and saluted him. Shortly after, the mass started. Caleb was the chosen person to sing for that mass that day. She was to sing “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban. The music began playing and she started to sing.

“When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary; When troubles come and my heart burdened be; Then, I am still and wait here in the silence, Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up... To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger; Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;

But when you come and I am filled with wonder, Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up... To more than I can be.”

          When she finished, I had to read the names of the deceased veterans, police officers, and firefighters of the past 10 years from our town. I looked at Caleb when I said Daniel Reed*** to see her crying. Daniel was Caleb’s cousin, and was in the fire department with her. I sent Caleb a message through my head to reassure her that everything was okay. The bad thing was that Daniel died yesterday. His funeral is on Tuesday, 3 days from now.

______________________ 30 minutes later_______________________________

          At the end of the mass, the bag pipers played Taps. Everyone climbed into the pack limo and we went to dinner. When Josh finished eating, we went home. Josh went off to be with Kayla, Pauly and Sam went into their room. Blakcbelt went to his room and blasted music to work out to and practice his martial arts. Finally Caleb and I were alone. Strangely enough though, we just watched a movie and went to sleep. We were woken up by Sam yelling.

          “AHHHHHH!!!! HARRY SPIDER!!!!! PAULY KILL IT!!!! YOU’RE THE MAN IN THE ROOM!!!”

          “I’M AFRIAD OF SPIDERS TOO!!! YOU KILL IT!!!”

          “A BIG BAD WOLF LIKE YOU IS AFRIAD OF A SPIDER!!! WEIRDO!!!”

          Caleb and I ran up to their room. I was only in my boxers so I was a little embarrassed. Caleb was in my t-shirt and shorts. We looked so fashionable- not. I walked in acting all cool like and killed the spider- well technically a tarantula.

          “Was it that hard to kill this thing? I mean come on Pauly, you’re a wolf and you’re afraid of a stupid hairy spider- what is up with that?” Caleb and I both ask cracking up.

          “You would be afraid if it landed next to you when you are trying to relax. It was like huge! And yes I’m allowed to be afraid of spiders. They are weird creatures.”

          “Pauly, you and Sam woke us up with your screaming over a spider. It’s not like it was a rogue. I think you were more afraid of the spider than Sam. Am I right Sam?”

          “I was scared, but not to be afraid to kill it. I just didn’t want to get spider guts on me. I find it funny how the wolf that says he will protect me is afraid to kill a spider that is venomous and landed on my arm. Can I please give him a noogie or a wet willy please?” Sam was laughing so hard that it was difficult to understand her.

          “Yes, you can. Now please be quite. Caleb and I are going back to bed-“ “You should be quite then; I know how you two get.” “-TO SLEEP!!!! Now good night you to love birds.”

          Finally Caleb and I fell back to sleep. We were woken up at noon by the smell of bacon!!!!

______________AUTHOR’S NOTE____________________________________

Daniel Reed was actually my cousin. He went missing for 3 months before small remains of his body were found in the woods. The police never found out how he died and gave up on the case. He was only 34 years old so it was hard on everyone. The part about him being in the fire department was false, but I needed to add some sorrow to this book. If any of you have ever had an experience like this, please comment. I just want to know that I’m not the only one that this has happened to.