Let's Not Try To Kill Each Other Any More

I was violently shook awake by a blond girl in my cabin. "Hey, Freak! Time to get up!" She sneered at me. Freak? Really? How original. Even in this mythical world I did not fit in.

I rolled my eyes and hopped out of bed gingerly. I was still a little sore from yesterday's fight with Annabeth and as I looked over my body-I was covered in dark purple and green bruises. My luck for being anemic, right?

I pulled my bag out from under my bed and threw on some dark jeans and a grey v-neck t shirt, not caring if people saw all of the bruises on my upper body. I looked around and made sure that I had pack every thing up-I did not want to leave my only toothbrush in Olympus...

All clear. As I turned to leave the room, the door banged open with a furious quake so forceful, I felt myself falling onto my butt.

"YOU!" I stared up in awe as I watched a large and powerful man towering over me. His hair seemed to move with electricity and his eyes were so blue they put the sky in it's place. Zeus. He had to be Zeus. "WHERE IS IT?!" His voice bellowed throughout the room with power and caused me to quiver from the inside out. 

"Wh-ere is what?" I frowned. Why would he barge into Hermes' palace if it was not important?

His eyes flashed dangerously. "The lightning bolt! MY MASTER BOLT! WHERE IS IT?! I know you stole it!" He roared at me and ordered some guards into the room, they surrounded me. 

"I-I did not steal it! I am not a thief!" Any more, I reminded myself of my past when I was on my own.

Zeus growled at me in disbelief and turned to his men. "Search everything she owns, do not leave her alone with out looking EVERY WHERE!" Then he stormed out, leaving me to try and process what the hell just happened.

The men unzipped my back pack and my duffle bag, throwing everything onto the ground, which was not much. They dug through it all, but came up empty. A woman guard turned to me with a frown, but I could tell that she did not think I had it. "Empty out your pockets." She ordered.

I scoffed. "You guys think I can hide a lightning bolt in my pocket?!" She just gave me a completely serious look and waited. "Seriously?" Sighing, I turned out my jean pockets, giving them a satisfied smirk when they came up empty. "See?"

The guards nodded. "Alright, lets report back to Zeus, she does not have it." The woman nodded and sighed. "He will not be pleased."

A few minutes later Orion came into the room, barking happily and digging through my clothes. "Come on Orion, it is time to go." Angrily, I got on my knees and started to shove all of my clothes back into my bags.

"Woah! What happened in here!" I scolded and glared up at Luke.

"Zeus, that is what happened." Luke got on his knees and began to help me pack up my things.

"Why?" He frowned and shoved a pair of socks into my bag. 

"I don't really know." I sighed and looked into his eyes. "Something about a master bolt, or whatever." His eyes flashed for a split second, but he quickly covered it up and looked confused instead.

"The master bolt, are you serious?" He frowned.

I nodded, not completely sure if I trusted him-what was he doing last night? It all could not be a coincidence. "Yeah, I guess someone stole it."

His eyes glowed and he shook his head. "That is too bad. Hopefully he finds it. The master bolt is really important, and knowing Zeus this could cause a large uproar-probably a war."

I froze. "A war?" Why was he so calm about this?

"Yeah," He shrugged. "I'm sure he will find it soon though, don't worry about it." He smiled at me.