𝙽 𝚒 𝚗 𝚎 𝚝 𝚎 𝚎 𝚗

»»----> "Three years, huh?" Kartein laughed. "Are you sure he hasn't died?"

"I'm sure of it." You confidently answered. "He'll come back. I know he wouldn't just leave me, either."

"Whatever you say, Y/N." Kartein sighed. "I say you move on at this point. I have quite a few, rich, lovelier friends who are single. You'd get along well."

"No thank you, I'm only interested in Kayden." You turned his offer down. "Besides, even if I wanted to, Kayden and I are still technically together, so if I were to date someone else, it would be cheating."

"Very true, I hadn't though of that."

"Anyway, he hasn't sent you any letters lately? I haven't gotten one for months." You informed the man.

"Not a single letter. I'm going to have a word with him once he comes back." Kartein glared at the ground, lost in thought.

"It's alright, he's probably busy. What if he bought you a yacht or private jet?"

"Highly unlikely, especially considering the amount of times he's borrowed money from me." Kartein crossed his arms. "I have matters to attend to, thanks for the chat. See you another time."

You smiled, pulling him into a hug before he left. You read over another letter written to you by Kayden.

Y/N,

Thanks for replying, glad to see you got it, and I'm glad you're doing fine. I also very much appreciate the picture, your dog is adorable (you're okay too).

I may come back next year, or the year after. I really am sorry I'm taking so long.

I would also like to apologize, seeing as my first letter was on a piece of Stratch paper, full of my recent purchases. Please pretend you didn't see anything, thank you.

Pet your dog for me.
-Kayden

You put the letter back into it's envelope. You remembered what purchase he had made for you, and wondered whether or not your guess was correct.

Your thoughts were broken by a call from Jiwoo, so you answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Y/N." It was Jisuk's voice. "So, Subin, Wooin, and I were talking, and Wooin wanted to say something."

You took a deep breath. "Jisuk, please quit tormenting the poor boy. I already know he did or still does have a crush on me. Just leave him alone."

You heard Subin curse, and Wooin sigh, most likely in relief. "I thought you were a fun adult, you're like my sister." Jisuk groaned.

"Why do you have Jiwoo's phone, by the way?"

"Huh? Oh, he's asleep, and we're at his house. You don't answer my calls, and I don't know if you would answer an unknown number. I don't think you have Subin's or Wooin's number."

"I don't have either. I don't answer your calls because if it was something important your sister would have told me first." You informed the teen.

"Right, well seeing as this call failed, I'm going to prank call some businesses. Bye, Y/N!"

"Bye guys." You hung up the phone, inhaling deeply.

Your dog ran up to you, and put his head in your lap. You pet him, thinking about many things, such as work, the call you were just on, and of course, Kayden.

Your dog wagged his tail, and whined for food. You couldn't help but give in, and you handed him a treat. He gobbled it in a bite, and whined for more.

"That's it for now." You stood up, and went outside.

You had always went outside, in case Kayden came by. You often times invited your dog.

You checked your watch, and then headed back in to boil water for tea. You headed back outside, and watched the sunset with your dog.

"It's nice out." You spoke to your dog. "Isn't it, boy?" Your dog wagged his tail, jumping up on you.

You stared at the sky for a while, before checking on the water you boiled inside. You put in a tea bag into a cup, along with your water. You let the tea seep into the water, and discarded the bag.

You went back outside, tea in hand, dog by your side. You enjoyed watching the sunset, as well as looking at the stars.

Your dog probably didn't care, but just followed you around, hoping for food. He also enjoyed sitting with you while you pet his head.

You took a sip of your tea, and put your dog inside. You put your teacup down, and put your coat on.

You headed out the door, and walked to the convenience store, where you bought a drink and a few snacks. You paid the cashier the amount needed, and began walking back home.

It was unfortunately beginning to rain. You held the bag closer to your body, and held a hand over your eyes to see. The water came down faster and heavier.

You slipped a few times in mud, but still continued on. You began walking slower, as to not slip again.

You finally came back to your apartment, and threw your coat onto the rack.

"I can't let you out, there's a storm, and I'm starting to see lightning." You patted your dog's head.

You unbagged your items, and opened your drink, lying on the couch with your dog.

The power suddenly went out, so you used the flashlight on your phone.

"It's getting pretty bad out there. It's times like these I kind of wish another human was here." You looked down at your dog, who was shaking from the crashing of lightning.

You sipped a little bit of your drink, before deciding on saving it for later. You put it in the fridge, and sat back down with your dog.

You heard more and more lightning, and it became louder each time. You held your dog close, his frame shaking violently.

You stood up, walking to your front door to close with blinds over it. You saw a figure walking up the steps, and you opened your door ever so slightly.

"Hello?"

The figure looked up, his brilliant blue eyes meeting with yours. "Hey, Y/N."

You jumped at him, pulling him into a bone-crushing hug. He returned this, and kissed the top of your head. You held onto him, listening to the rain and thunder in the background.