𝚃 𝚠 𝚎 𝚕 𝚟 𝚎

»»----> The day of the party, Kayden was over at your apartment, talking with you and playing with your dog.

"Y/N, what do you say to matching outfits?" A grin crept onto the man's face.

"Hmm, it depends what colors." You thought for a moment. "Maybe an indigo? Or dark purples or blues?"

"I didn't really think about any colors, but sounds good to me." He gave you a thumbs up.

"I have an indigo dress I could wear."

"Great! You'll look beautiful, trust me. Especially when you're matching with me." He beamed.

"Um, thanks? Anyway, we have a couple hours, let's go out for lunch." You took his hand, forcing him to stand up.

"So bossy. By the way, this time I'm paying for everything. " Kayden followed you out to your car.

"I suggested it, so I'm paying." You began the car. "You payed last time, anyway."

"Good point, I guess I'll let you pay."

"What type of food do we want?"

"Hm, I'm not sure." Kayden replied.

"Alright, let's go to the mall, and we can get what we want from the food court." You turned left.

"Sounds like a plan."

----

You and Kayden made your way to the food court. It wasn't all that busy, so you could sit practically anywhere.

You went to a restaurant serving (favorite type of food). You payed for your food, and found a table. Kayden had already done the same, and he came back with a sandwich and fries.

"I was going to pay for your food too." You crossed your arms.

"Too bad, so sad." He ate a fry. "Did we get drinks? By the looks of it, we didn't. You can pay for that."

"Alright. What do you want?" You stood up, grabbing your wallet.

"Surprise me."

You bought Kayden ice, and no drink. You also bought yourself a drink, and made your way back to the table.

You set the cup in front of him. "You said to surprise you."

He looked into the cup. "Definitely a surprise."

You began eating your food. "We should go window shopping when we finish."

"Okay." He also ate his food. "Your eyes look especially pretty today."

"Really? I didn't notice anything different about me."

"I don't know, maybe I'm just now appreciating how beautiful they are." He smiled. "Much like my eyes."

"Can't even give me a compliment without complimenting yourself." You sighed.

"It helps me stay confident in myself." He chewed the ice you gave him. "Your eyes are really nice, though."

"Thank you, your eyes are nice as well. Although, mine are probably nicer."

"Hm, probably." He gathered the trash. "I'll go throw this away real quick."

You nodded, fidgeting with a bracelet on your wrist. Kayden came back, cup of ice in hand.

"Let's go look around, until we find an interesting store." Kayden put your hand in his.

He was about to begin walking out of the food court, but he got a call.

"Hello?"

You waited patiently, zoning in and out of his conversation.